Thursday, April 26, 2012

Amélie 9 months

amélie's first playdate: with Levi Baker. As you can see she was intrigued by this odd thing attached to his sleeve....!
girls taking their bath together: Amélie will literally dive towards the bath, out of my arms (I hold tight of course) when she sees it!
olivia loves having a bathing partner too!
and a not so pretty photo of me! I set up the camera on self-timer so I could document us all hanging out on olivia's bed. I find that my most enjoyable days are when I don't try to cross things of my checklist, but rather  just focus on my girls and playing with them! (But unfortunately this can't be every day because I really have crizzap I have to get done!)

Here Amélie discovered the fun of throwing something off the bed. over and over. She thought it was SOOO funny.
and release!
isn't this hilarious mom??!!!
me: putting the toys far away to entice her to crawl.
amelie scoots further and further away from the objects. And then gives me this look like "really mom? you are really doing this to me?"
chillin on the couch sucking down her green smoothie:)
not such a flattering photo of amélie, but I wanted record of what our shopping trips look like!
At the beach with aunt caroline!
We took a spontaneous trip to Disney one day when Franc got off at 10 am (randomly)! I really should've put a bow in A's hair that day.... She was wearing an old shirt of matthew's which doesn't help her either!
Amélie playing with Miles on our trip to Philadelphia (where franc took his second board exam).
She passed out while we were waiting for the train downtown on St.Patrick's Day. yeah it was full of drunks, so we went back home.

Franc's hair needing a cut....
eating a strawberry with uncle andrew. Her hair was nizzasty because we coated it in sunscreen to protect our little white baby's head.
Giving me one of her forehead kisses. Oh how I love these!! And don't you just want to bite those chunky little thighs????? I do. And ps this is right before I finished losing all my baby weight. so I look like a beached whale...
these are terribly out of order.... but another one from our random day at disney!
waiting WAAAY too long for the parade. which we have already seen, but Franc insisted on waiting 20 minutes for in the hot sun because Olivia would love it so much. Oh and he cries every time Olivia gets excited as the princesses come out....
My favorite ride at Disney? Its a small world. And NOT because of the ride itself, but rather the 15 minute wait (compared to 45 min for most) and the 15 minutes of sitting in cool air and relaxing:)

--Amélie is eating me out of house and home. BUT I am not complaining, because her palette is more varied than her older sisters.... She will eat just about ANYTHING I put in front of her. Except tomatoes and red peppers. Who knows, but I'm not complaining! I never give her baby food, we stopped that a couple months ago, so I am constantly having to make sure I have enough produce in the house for her!

--moves backwards when she tries to crawl, gets really frustrated and ends up like 4 feet back from the thing she was trying to get.

--went to Philadelphia and played with Miles Brady, who was a month older. They actually sort of interacted and entertained each other. Except he was crawling...

--likes to play little games with me and started WINKING!!! With one eye! She even gave Uncle Andrew a wink one night (I winked at her one morning and she tried to wink back, and it became a thing).

--likes to clap for no real reason and spent one day just watching herself clap in the mirror.
--is really good at entertaining herself for extended periods of time. As long as the toys are within stretching or scooting reach.

--enjoys showers and big girl bathtub baths with her sister. She will practically dive into the bath when she sees me getting close! She gets super giddy.

--likes to turn the pages in the books I read her, very forcefully. Its my favorite thing (okay one of them).

--thinks all books are touch and feel books, and gets kind of bored with the ones that end up being just boring old smooth books. blah. I love watching her try to feel around on things she thinks will have a texture to them.

--ate her first hamburger with her grandparents (Rosebrough). They said she downed it of course.

--love love loves opening the drawer below my computer while she is on my lap, and taking everything out and throwing it on the floor, after she checks it out with her mouth.

--I switched her to a bottle at the end of this month, because I am trying to get pregnant (crazy I know) and she takes that thing like a PRO. She is SO MUCH BETTER WITH THE BOTTLE than when I was nursing her!!! like a million times better. For how amazing of a baby she was, she really gave me a hard time with nursing and not wanting to nurse etc etc. I am sure it was the fact that she got 8 teeth in four months, but it was very hit or miss with her nursing. Luckily I did alot of pumping and she can still get some breastmilk now and then.  I know that nursing is so much better, yada yada, I mean, my husband IS in medical school, so believe me I've heard it all. I am totally for it, and did it with Olivia til she was a year, but seriously? Life got 75 times easier since I switched her.


1 comment:

Rina said...

Okay, you spilled the beans about trying to get prego... be sure to keep us informed! And have fun. Ha ha!