Sunday, April 22, 2012

Amélie 8 months

After Church: (you can't tell, but amelie matched us too:) I like to randomly match the three of us on Sundays sometimes. Too bad we didn't have yellow tights for miss amélie:(
 she had a good ol' time looking at herself in the mirror that day, and I love that instead of bringing the mirror to her face she would lean all the way over to see:)
 with aunt caroline before she left for NYC (for v-day)
 Olivia and Amélie love playing together and of course Amélie thinks Olivia is hilarious. Olivia was tickling her here.
 Valentine's Day we made these heart hats.

 my friend Alice sent me this necklace and whenever I wore it Amélie was OBSESSED. she couldn't focus on anything but playing with it, so I finally just took it off and let her play with it. A little slice of baby heaven.
funny face awesome dimples
 she has a good Rosebrough nostril flare when she yawns:)
 the girls playing together in Olivia's room (before we did the big girl bed switch).

 I think this was the last month that I out her in the bumbo on the table.  She would sit there while I did things around the kitchen, and she would play with her toys. I finally took her out when her thighs were so big I couldn't easily even get her out!

 I finally let her play with the iPad (or "why-pad" as Olivia calls it--- bc we are always telling her "noooo iPad" (translates into nooowhypad). She loved it.

 8 month photoshoot. she is so cute it kills me!

 clever placement of the "8" eh??
 Olivia wanted to join in on the fun...
 And get in tummy position right along with Amélie.
 man I love my girls....
 In my (now vintage) lacoste shirt!
giving that toucan the stare down. I love her headband placement:)

 bunny eyes weeks before Easter with Aunt Caroline. A few days before she left for good:( Caroline called Amélie "my heart." Because she stole her heart perhaps? Amélie made Caroline really want a baby. well, she really wanted to just take Amelie for herself actually.

 So much fun to clap two things together and make loud sounds!

Amélie at 8 months:
-- still the best baby ever and she makes having a baby easy peasy. She can miss a nap and still be a happy baby, but she still likes her 3 naps. This month she started going down around 7 pm regularly too. And she sleeps til at least 7!

--will eat anything I put in front of her. and loves to eat paper (when she slyly gets her hands on it)

--got 1 more tooth and now has 7 teeth! (at 7 months started getting her 7th tooth!!)

--started refusing to sleep in her carseat anywhere but in the car, making it hard to just put her in someone's room to sleep or nap now when we go to other people's houses. darn.

--this month (mostly because of teething I think) she would get realllly angry when i put her down to sleep and would do repeated hip thrusts while throwing her tantrum.

--is still the happiest little girl (despite the above statement) and lights up at everyone that smiles at her.

--at 7 months she started calling me "mama" finally!!!! Since she started saying papa and dada awhile ago. The first time she said it purposefully was when she was with my mom one day. She was in the back of the car yelling "momma!!! momma!" over and over (she said) and when my mom told her they were going to see momma, she smiled really big!

--she yells out MOMMA! MOM! when she is done with her nap. Or she wants food (and this girl can EAT!)


1 comment:

Scotty and Chels said...

I love your baby posts Katie! It's fun to see what Darla will be doing in a month. I just love MY girls too! I wish Angela M. blogged and then I could see all our girls growing up. So cool. We are going to UT at the end of May and might try to see them. Let's see, what else do I love? Your matching clothes on Sundays - so cute! I do that sometimes too but our clothes are far less stylish. I love the idea of doing a month post for each month for your babies. I need to do that. Maybe starting at month 7. it's not too late right? Ok, super long comment, but your girls are adorable! Hope they can meet my girls some day. Scott and I want just one more girl since we have a name already (and maybe a few boys!)