Thursday, November 10, 2011

Amélie at 4 months

 Hanging out in our AWESOME stroller while Olivia swings at the park. She is always such a good sport.
 You see that giant scratch on her face? That's why she still wears socks on her hands at night:(
 I am so in love with those chubby thighs and that beautiful face. I kiss it over and over and over.





 not very flattering, but I just wanted to show you (Amélie) that we were ride partners while at Disney (both trips). You are awesome to ride with:)
 The child missed so many naps and was constantly woken when she was napping, but she didn't give us any problems. She just looked around at everything and seemed to enjoy herself!
 The only reason there are a bunch with me in them is that, well I didn't seem to take many of you by yourself on these trips! Here you are naked because you had just pooed through your clothes and we didn't have any back-ups! We finally found a very overpriced little onesie for you to wear. I bought it big enough that you should be able to wear it to every Disney trip over the next year!
 sleeping on the go
 Halloween with your Grandma (sorry mom, this was the best photo of her and you happen to be talking....). You wore the flapper outfit I made for your sister! And you looked gorgeous in it.

Still the smiley-ist little thing in the world (though not in the photo above haha. She was tired). And her giggle is harder to get out, but addicting when you get it!

she loves her aden and anais blankets (thanks Alice!!--the ones you gave olivia). She sucks on it, cuddles with it and plays with it to put herself to sleep.

she did give me a little run for my money this month and did things like... not want to go to sleep unless she was in the swing (luckily this only lasted 2 wks)....

...or not want to nurse even though she was hungry (lots and lots and now I am pumping instead for all but 2 feedings). the doc said she was weaning herself????? what.

she is really coordinated for a 3-4 month old. She can hold her own bottle (can doesn't mean she always does, only sometimes), bringing it in and out of her mouth, and she uses both of her hands to bring toys to her mouth, etc.

she loves playing with all toys that dangle from her seats/chairs/play gyms now.

she hates hates hates her tummy. just like her sister.

she started jumping in her jumperoo now and LOVES it!

she was a super sport at Disney (2 different vacations in one month) and seemed to enjoy it whenever she was awake. She is good at napping on the fly and missing naps etc which makes it easy to do Disney with a baby.

her head is getting really flat from all that sleeping she does. yikes! sorry Amélie!

Sometimes she likes to lay on the bed with me while we talk, smile, laugh, and kiss. I love those times, even if they are at 7 am. I like to do this thing where I kiss her cheek, forehead, and nose over and over, and she just keeps her eyes closed and smiles. It is adorable.

When nursing she likes to play with my shirt, or claw me, and look up at me and smile and talk to me which I love love love.

Amélie, even though there were parts of this month that were hard (mostly to do with the nursing), you are still the best baby and having you makes me think I could have another baby, so I hope you are thankful in the future??? Cause its going to be your fault you have a younger sibling, you make having a baby seem easy (ish). I love you.

3 comments:

Alice said...

I want to squish those chubby thighs!

Anonymous said...

sigh.....i seriously read this over like three times today, and looked at her pictures a billion times. I love my lil nieces!!!

MommaFelix626 said...

It is nice to know I am not the only one having issues with nursing during the 4th month!! The doctor just told me to try to feed her more often but it doesn't help sometimes!

Your baby is beautiful, just like her momma and sister!