Sunday, March 21, 2010

last week.

This past week Franc had spring break, and so we packed our bags and headed to Charleston for our very first "family" vacation (besides going to my parents' house). We used priceline to book our hotel, and so we got a 4 star hotel for only $135/night!!! It was sooo nice to stay in such a luxurious place. They greeted us with champagne and lady fingers (we drank lemonade instead of course), and throughout the day there were different hors d'oeuvres  for us to munch on. It was a dream
we didn't get around to doing any of the tours (we were VEEERY lazy and I finally let myself sleep, so we didn't leave the room until 1 pm). BUT we did walk around the historic area (where we were staying) and ate lots of yumminess, like the cafe pictured above. BAKED yuuuuuuuuuummmmmm!!!
and the restaurant below
I ate one of THE yummiest meals I have ever tried at this restaurant. S.N.O.B.
lots of walking... cute face katie. p.s. I don't think I ever blogged about my stroller. I got this Maclaren a few months ago (for a REALLY good price) and it is the BEST ever. I LOOOOOOOVE it. so lightweight (12 lbs), folds into an "umbrella," still has a basket underneath, rides super smooth, and the handles are very comfortable. oh and olivia loves it. happiest baby ever in that thing. done.
posing for a moment. it was kinda cold. this baby was a PRO traveler though. slept like a "baby" even in the hotel's crib (yes it was a crib, not a pack and play thank goodness)
I KNOW this blog has become the "olivia" blog, but I AM doing other things with my life. I promise. She is just my favorite part right now. And I have the Blueeyedfreckle blog to document my creative life. (which is starting to gain a following btw, so if you don't ever look at it, you should check it out!!!)

5 comments:

Alice said...

I love Charleston. Y'know the it's the friendliest city in the U.S.!

Anonymous said...

Mmmmm, now we have two excuses to go to Charleston:

1.) Visit scott's uncle
2.) eat at "baked"

i'm glad you guys had fun, that hotel looks SO classy! what a deal!

{irene} said...

looks like an amazing place!!!!and you and Olivia look super cute! (her hat is to die for...)

Anonymous said...

Is that the cutest baby in the entire world? Oh yes she is! Big squeeze from Olivia's grandma in Florida coming to see her on Thursday....

Lisa said...

Adorable photos. I love Charelston too--and Baked!