Sunday, April 11, 2010

8 months (2 WEEKS AGO!!!)

i have been waaaay too busy an so that is why this post is 1/2 a month late! i didn't want to skip it though, since i will be putting these posts into a blurb book eventually. the bad part abt. doing this late is trying to differentiate between this month and last... but i will try to be accurate.
this girl is still all smiles. everyone that meets her says she's the happiest baby! she definitely brightens my day with all those smiles!
This 8 month photo shoot was soo much fun. She was squealing and talking the whole time, rolling all over the bed and playing with her favorite toy... the retractable soft tape measure. (It makes a great clicking sound). Its funny because that measuring tape is Franc's and when I got out the tape and a few other things, she said "dada dada dada." She knew those things were his!
showing off her teeth...
During month 8 she got her second fang. She became vampire baby.  she's so trendy.
really! she loves this measuring tape!
This was my favorite shot of the whole shoot.
she's been making this face lately when we take her picture. we think she is trying to imitate the way our faces scrunch up when WE smile.
 Imagine she is speaking right now. cause that is what she was doing in this shot. I love it (the photo). i feel like I can hear her!
she loooves finding my weights under the couch and lifting the up and down. i attribute this to the fact that she watches me workout every morning (well not lately, but...). this was the first time she did it and my mom and i were dying.


fun things about 8 months:
*she started saying momma!! finally. i've been hearing dadda for the past 4 1/2 months! during month 8 she would usually say it (momma) when she was hungry...

*one morning i was b-feeding her and franc walked out and she pulled off, arched her back, lifted her arm towards him( her version of waving) and said "hey dad!" i died.

*she started getting on her knees and rocking back and forth, scooting backwards.
*she loves bath time, and my favorite is looking at her tiny little back and buns as she sits there and plays with her toys.
*she instigates peek-a-boo. while i am nursing her in public!
*she started to have a little separation anxiety.
*she is really good at playing all by herself. talking,,, making noises with the toys, exploring...
*she started to understand "no" and does this "gentle touch" with her hands by closing and then opening them in a starburst motion (with just the tips of her fingers touching the object. (on things we tell her she can't touch)
*she started sharing her toys with others... i.e. she will chew on it, and then hand it to you so you can chew on it too! (and usually laughs when you do so!)

*the kissing continued. oh this month was full of kisses from Olivia, and Franc and I  were always comparing who received more of those open-mouthed delights.  You could see such love in her eyes when she gave you one.

*when she would be in her high chair (booster seat strapped to chair), I would give her these
"bug" drumsticks which she would bang around for awhile until I gave her some food.

This month I was always telling Franc that I really felt like Olivia and I KNOW each other. When I look into her eyes I feel like she understands me, and I her. And sometimes I look into those eyes and I see someone much older than 8 months.  I know she is still a baby, but barely!!! ahhhh!

5 comments:

Ashley Terry said...

Oh my goodness - she's beautiful and adorable and does have a killer smile!! It's been way to long since we have seen her - we need to play soon!!!

You guys make awesome babies :)

{irene} said...

Girl!!!! I can't believe how pretty is she!!!and what is that on your wall???? ....to die for...

Cristy said...

What a little doll! By the way, your unique decor make the BEST photo backgrounds! 8 months is a great time, still in pre-non-containment stage! :)

Meredith said...

So cute!!

(by the way, LOVE your blog header!)

The Dobecks! said...

Hey gal! I love those photos. She is toooo cute!
And also, I love what you did do the wall. You would be terrified if you came into our house. We don't have one thing on them! They need help! haha.