Thursday, March 4, 2010

7 Months (7 days ago)

 
  
  
our little photo shoot out on the deck to mark being 6 months (except that I did it 2 weeks after, so that's why its in this post) oh and her eyes aren't as dark as they look. they aren't even completely brown, they're greyish.


playing with dad's food (she attempted to eat it out of his mouth)

more grocery cart shots. I just think she is the cutest in a shopping cart! This was the day I bought the blend-tec. A day I will never forget:)


wearing our headbands together:) she ended up eating hers that night...


just chillin in the front seat, eating the aux. cord.  (while her parents try to figure out what to do with the clothes she pooped all over. gross)


My favorite thing to see when I am driving. This mirror strapped to her carseat (which she is almost grown out of!!!!) has kept her happier for longer than any other car toy. She just laughs and talks to herself on our car rides!


look how happy she is while we are changing the biggest poo of her life!!! 
playing with her doll at the restaurant in florida
 
I died at her cuteness in this outfit. I have plans to make a bunch of these rompers for her. I bought this one though:)


lil' bo peep and her uncle matthew

We rented this bike at the park my parents ride at everyday. It was fun having this little squeaker trailing behind me the whole time. And passersby loved her too.
ATTENTION: THE FOLLOWING POST IS FOR JOURNALING PURPOSES.  SO NO PRESSURE TO READ IT ALL (UNLESS YOU ARE FAMILY).......

So, most of month 7 was spent in Florida, when we surprised my mom for valentine's day. (thus all the point and shoot photos). We did lots of new things and had some not-so-fun-expensive surprises.... During this month olivia:

-pooped her way to a gold medal in the baby olympics (and those poops are so much thicker and stinkier now, so it was super fun for mom and dad)
-changing all those poopy diapers has become much harder now that she continually rolls around trying to find things to play with. Luckily I still find it funny.
 -started doing some new "tricks" including peek-a-boo (where we put the towel over her head and she pulls it down), and holding a toy with both and hands and raising it above her head for all to see (and clap at)
- started getting up on all fours!!!! (though infrequently. and she still hates her tummy, so moving to a crawl is going to be a slooooowwwww process I can see).
-can walk if we hold her hands (well, backwards. she takes these big steps that are so cute)
- decided to start rolling over again after her 2 month hiatus. (and even rolled off of the counter, and in a split second I saved her from the fall. she gave me a huge hug while she buried her head in my chest and cried, which was simultaneously the cutest and saddest thing ever)
-she is very mobile for a baby that can't crawl. she can shimmy her way to things she wants and turn around and stretch oh so far..... to get that object that I purposefully placed out of reach.
-she has 3 full teeth now
-she loves to grind those teeth which KILLS my ears. and I don't know how to get her to stop!!!
-she talks all day long, to anyone in sight, sometime so loud that I have to leave Relief Society.
-she can say "daddy" and "tatie" (kind of like KATIE), but not on command
-she can wave. well it looks more like a beckon (its the wrong direction) In fact last sunday she was "waving" to another little boy and talking to him REALLY loud. what a flirt!!!
- she now goes to sleep with her magic seahorse. I love that thing. That and her cozy blanket that she raises up in the air the moment I put it on her. Then she lifts her legs in the air and rolls to the side and looks at her seahorse as she goes to sleep. I never ever want to forget that picture.... I'm gonna miss it one day.
-speaking of things I'm going to miss, her little belly. And the way her back looks while she sits in the bathtub-big kid style (no baby seat). Those little buns, playing with her toys. 
-This month we discovered she has eczema. Well, the doctor told us at her 6 month, but it just looked like dry skin. THEN I went to Florida and she had a huge breakout!!! It was horrible!! Some kind of allergic reaction, and her whole body became this red itchy mess, and she was so uncomfortable! I had to take her to Matthew's pediatrition, without our insurance, and then buy the prescription ointment WITHOUT INSURANCE and it was $60!!!!!!! yikes. thank you to my mom and dad who paid for the expensive doctor's appt.
- Olivia gave me pseudo kisses (kisses with her mouth open) at church the other day. She would lean her head back and kiss me on the cheek, and then lean forward to look at someone, and then repeat. It was THE BEST gift she has given me thus far. 
-oh and she loves to scratch things. she will have a toy in her mouth and be holding it with one hand, sucking on it, and then scratching it with the other hand. its pretty funny to watch.

6 comments:

sarah marie. said...

katie she really is beautiful. i especially love the second one down.

Alice said...

I think babies sitting up in carts are so dang cute too! I want a bike trailer for Finn but they have strict laws in Calif. they have to be 1...I don't want to risk getting in trouble.

Rina said...

She is so cute! I love all her little headbands and the romper (you said you would like to make more of) is adorable! It sounds like you two have a lot of fun together. She is getting so big! I'm excited for a little girl... just don't know what I'm going to do with a girl yet.

Scotty and Chels said...

Olivia is such a doll! And her clothes...oh my gosh, SUPER CUTE. You should sell some of the stuff you make because I'm way less creative and less good at sewing than you and I'd love some for Lucy. I wish I looked better in headbands because yours are amazing and I'd be buying a ton!
oh and I actually did read all the journal stuff about Olivia. It's fun because I get to see what Lucy will be doing soon!

Jill said...

Love those first pics of her...super photogenic baby! I love it. Loved the doctor's checklist at the end...now I have to start teaching charlie to wave since he has no interest in that, and he's 2 months older! haha...fun post.

The Powells said...

she is beautiful and growing up so fast! and you look so great! miss you