Saturday, February 20, 2010

such a good companion.

look at my little mini-person (as I like to call her) all bundled up? how am I supposed to resist this face when she asks to chew on my laptop cord? or the tv remote? or the diaper bag strap? all things I shouldn't let her chew on, but when I see that face, I just can't say no. I'm gonna have to toughen up when she gets older though....
 
Right now we are in Florida, visiting my family. My dad surprised my mom for Valentine's Day and flew us out. So my mini-companion and I flew down Sunday afternoon. She was EXCELLENT.  Last time we flew she slept the whole time. This time she was very social. talking and laughing and smiling at everyone in the vicinity.  She ended up being away for 5 straight hours WITHOUT WHINING!!!! what? she can normally only last 3 hours tops without a whine. I was greatful to say the least. Photos from our trip to come!

...and PS I only have 5 lbs to go with the baby weight, thanks to Jillian Michaels (though the photo makes me look like that isn't the case...)!!! pretty good fora gaining 40/44 lbs right??
okay, so maybe its more like 9 lbs pre-pregnancy, but in my defense I was 4 lbs lighter than my norm before I got pregnant, because of that no-sugar diet I went on. So I am not counting that, because I don't really need to be THAT skinny....

2 comments:

Alice said...

you crack me up! Aren't these little people the best!

Lorilee said...

lucky you--you have such a good traveling companion. you should make the flight to hawaii to really test her flying abilities.. it's torture.
she is the cutest little thing, and so are you.. you look so good katie. and seriously with the weight explanations.. please, you're as skinny as ever.