Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Once upon a time...

Right now I feel hot, sweaty, uncomfortable, awkward, and fat. But also excited to meet my new baby sOOOO soon!!!! (3-5 weeks)! My life will change completely, but I cannot wait for the day it does. Though, I AM trying to get a lot of projects done before she arrives (sewing, refinishing/painting furniture, making photo albums (blurb.com: THE BEST), and packing). In making these photo albums (I love that I can do this on my computer and have then printed, bound, and sent to me), I have searched our external hard drives for old photos. In doing so, I have found many "once upon a time" photos, and I have decided to post a few on this blog. Its crazy to see these after so many years. Feels like forever ago that they were taken!

Once Upon a Time......
Franc looked hot in the retro duds I bought him for his birthday right after we got married.
July 2006
Franc and I were newlyweds loving each other in my apartment in the Avenues. June 2006
Before we were married, and right after he got back from Guatemala on a field study, we went to the Greek Festival in downtown SLC. September 2005
Went to an Interpol concert. When I bought the tickets (a couple months in advance, while he was in Guatemala) I had fully intended to break up with him after the concert. By the time we went, I had changed my mind. September 2005
At the Interpol concert.
I sent him this photo text of me in the my artroom at Anthro modeling the shrug I had constructed out of a dyed t-shirt. He was in Guatemala, so there were lots of photo texts being sent to his email. He asked for them, I'm not narcissistic. June 2005
I was in NYC with Sarah and I sent him this photo. We had been dating only a couple months. April 2005
He sent me this photo while I was in NYC. He had just come back from the hot tob. I thought he was so hot. and made it the wallpaper on my computer. and at the time I thought he was such a "hard" guy. HA! so opposite. April 2005
I sat on his bed and made wierd faces for the camera. What was I supposed to do? He was always taking pictures of me with his brand new digital camera:) March 2005
I worked at anthro, and had just cut my bangs and dyed my hair darker brown. February 2005
Franc and I made this together on the "paint" program of his old compaq laptop. March 2005
I could fit into that little red Chinese dress. and I was liking Franc. I think this is the first photo I sent to my parents of Franc. March 2005
This is the picnic we went on with friends the day after our first date. March 2005
I lived by myself in the Avenues, and had just re-done this armoir with old book pages and green paint. Franc was almost back from Guatemala. I remember thinking I looked so fat in this photo.... You "don't know what you got 'til its gone." August 2005

8 comments:

Francisco said...

Katie, you're so pretty. It was a lot of fun dating you. I'm glad you're coming up to visit me at school. Dr. Altermatt, the new professor/OB-GYN, is going to show us our baby on the ultrasound equipment. Love you,
Francisco

Ashley Terry said...

I love this post!! Katie, you are gorgeous and talented!!! I need some of your awesomeness to rub off on me :)

I hope to get to see you soon!!!

Alice said...

Ya, plan your next pregnancy not over summer. I got totally nostalgic during my pregnancy. And I remember that feeling of not being able to wait to meet my baby. Umm...YES, get all those projects done because I don't have time to think....how am I typing this comment now? 2 things:
1. An ergo carrier
2. An exercise ball. Combine the two and you've got peace and the ability to get things done in the first few months.

Cristy said...

What a cute idea! Someday both you AND your baby will love reading it.

ed and brooke said...

Can't believe you're due so soon! I still have 13 weeks to go and I seriously don't think I can make it that long.

I love the pictures that you posted from your days at Anthro. It makes me miss them.

Scotty and Chels said...

Katie,
I can't believe you always thought you were fat! or even do now that you're pregnant! I know what you mean though with looking back and feeling like an idiot for ever thinking I looked big! HA! I love all these pictures of you and Franc.
Oh the dress is Target maternity I think. I love that Liz Lange!

Lorilee said...

i love the old photos from anthro... i swear that was yesterday. makes me miss hanging out with you, and talking about boys.

dannii said...

i love your picture trip down memory lane! you and franc are the best, i can't wait for another visit and to meet babycakes kortman! hurry up already (that's me talking to your belly). you always look so great. i think it's your smile - you have the best smile.