Thursday, July 30, 2009

Olivia my love.

I love her little munchkin cheeks.
and the way she falls asleep... all the faces she makes while she is sleeping... she's a little angel.
sorry, just can't get enough of these photos.
she IS awake sometimes too:), but it is easier to take photos of her when she is sleeping...
Caroline Olivia Kortman
born Saturday July 25, 2009
12:43 pm
7 lbs. 10 oz
19.5 inches

I went into labor on Friday night at 10 pm. ( after an entire day of thinking it might happen, Franc and I went for a long walk to try and make it happen quicker). At 11 pm we went to the hospital. Um a few weeks ago I was thinking I should try and do natural labor...HA after an hour of those contractions, I KNEW I wanted an epidural. No matter how scared I was of that needle!
That was the BEST decision I ever made (well, during labor). It was easy breezy wonderful for the next 5+ hours. (after 5 hours of contractions w/o meds). Then, it was discovered that my pelvic angle or something was too narrow to deliver the baby vaginally W/O forceps. Yikes. I was freaking out. I didn't want a c-section , and I didn't want to have the baby's skull harmed from forceps. Well, I ended up having to deliver with forceps. no fun. and the baby's cord was wrapped around her neck, but in the end, everything was okay, and she was perfectly healthy and not harmed. I was so happy to have my little sweet Olivia, that all of the horrific things that were slashed open and torn apart down there seemed like nothing.

I am still in physical pain, but everytime I look at her face I am so overjoyed that I have her in my life, and the pain I am experiencing is all worth it. I could just eat her up. and never stop kissing her. and I never want her to grow up. she is my new best friend.

21 comments:

Emilyah said...

Seriously Katie, she is amazing and so beautiful. One of the most gorgeous baby girls I have ever seen. Sorry about the scary delivery you had, but as you've already discovered, anything is worth it for a sweet baby. ;-)

Unknown said...

Katie, she is so sweet! She is so lucky to have you and Franc! Love you :)

Carmen said...

Yes! She's here! I'm glad that you both are safe and happy.

Meredith said...

Katie! Congratulations!! She is so perfect--seriously so beautiful!!

the Richards said...

Katie congrats! I am so happy for you. She's beautiful like her mommy! Enjoy every second with her- she will grow up way too fast, but it just gets better and better the more they learn and grow and take on their own personality. I'm so happy for you!

Sarah said...

Congratulations Katie! She is so cute. I love it when they are so little and sleepy and curl into you.

Michelle Call said...

Congratulations. She is beautiful. I am so excited for you to start a whole new experience. You are going to be a great mom!

Gardener said...

Welcome to Motherhood! Congratulations Katie and Franc. I am so glad everything went well. Enjoy the next few weeks while she sleeps all the time... seriously, and sleep when she is sleeping, you'll be wishing for it later. :)

Alice said...

Congratulations. She's beautiful and so teeny. Good luck with the first couple of weeks. They're rough but it gets better everyday!

Jenny said...

She's beautiful. Congratulations! i'm glad everything went well.

Ashley Terry said...

She's so beautiful!!! I'm glad to hear you survived and are recovering. Bless your heart. I'm so happy for you :)

You guys are a stinking cute family!!! I can't wait to meet her!

ed and brooke said...

She is soo beautiful! Congratulations Katie! I am thrilled for you guys.

Cristy said...

WA hoooooooo! So excited she's here!! Yes, those little bundles of love really do make you forget all the horror you went through, and go through "down there." (We had a little forcep action with Natalie... not pretty. Good luck with the recovery and make sure to rest even when you don't want to! And when those tough moments come, as they always do, hang in there and remember it gets better and easier everyday. Hug that little Olivia tight cause they really do grow so fast!)

Scotty and Chels said...

Congrats Katie and Franc! I have been checking your blog every day to see if she was born. Olivia is SOOOO beautiful and perfect! I'm so excited for you two. I can't wait for our baby girl. Babies are great!

3girlsmom said...

soooo yummy! love the pics! we want more! did you felt that hat? soooo cute! and the blankie! she'll be stylin for sure! saw the cutest baby stuff at target today! tell your mom to make a trip and i'm sure she'll buy it all! hee hee!

Rina said...

She is beautiful! I am glad you are enjoying her so much. I think she is just precious. I hope you start feeling better soon. Before you know it you'll be going to the bathroom like a normal person and you'll be ready to do it all again. :)

dannii said...

you're so amazing katie. look at what you accomplished! those cheeks! (good job to franc too)

i can't wait to meet the little mug.

sarah marie. said...

yay..congratulations! she's gorgeous and i'm so happy for you.

Lorilee said...

oh, i'm so happy.
there isn't a better best friend.. you'll never find one that's near as cute, that's smell as good, or you love more.
she is so pretty.
congratulations. can't wait to hear more.

The Powells said...

she is perfect!!!! so so so happy for you and franc. i have been out of town the last 2weeks so im totally behind so sorry for the late response!!! love you

Anonymous said...

It's Brittany from Lesley's party and I have to say how happy I am for yall...and sssooo impressed by you for getting through it. She's just beautiful!
Hope to see yall soon, k?
Congrats again.