Wednesday, August 12, 2009

What Olivia and I have been up to the past 2 1/2 wks.

Olivia: Just sleeping in mom's bed with my hands under my chin. If only there was a video clip with the grunting, growling, and squealing I also do while I am sleeping!
OL: I love going out on the deck with dad in the sling, or out with mom on a walk to the park. I actually prefer to be outside than inside.
Olivia and I love to just stare at each other. We are pretty much obsessed with each other:)
KT: Here we are before Olivia's baby blessing (AT ONE WEEK OLD). Yes, I barely could take a shower and get her ready, good thing I had relatives to help. Oh, and I couldn't really even sit during Sacrament Meeting at church. You know why...
This was Olivia after the blessing. Um we forgot to take a family photo. Oh and Do you notice that the Cardigan is just a BIT too LARGE? That's cause we didn't think we would be blessing her at such a young age, or when she was only 7.25 lbs. Oh well, she rocked it anyway. And word on the street is that during the blessing Olivia had both hands in the air. Praising Hallelujah is my guess:)!
OL: I have been able to hold my head up by myself since the day I was born. These days I like to hold it up to see my dad, and if you put me on his stomach I will even army crawl up to his shoulder so I can lay my head there.
I love to take naps in my bassinet.
My first bath was fabulous.
So scary the first time I tried to give her a bath, I didn't want her to slip and hurt her head. Thank goodness I had mom there to guide me through the process. And Olivia loved it.
In the mornings we like to snuggle together and sleep for a little while longer. Well, Olivia sleeps, I kinda stare at her and figure out what is causing her to make all those crazy sounds.

And that is what we have been up to! Hard to get on here and post things most days, cause she keeps me super occupied. Just posting this has taken a few days... I had to save it in drafts. Anyway, life has changed and some days I think I might go insane if I don't get more sleep, but then Olivia will randomly sleep all night, and then I am recharged and ready to try this motherhood thing all over again. I hope I get a little better at it each day. It has been fun to see Olivia grow and change just in the last 2 and 1/2 weeks she has been on this earth. I can't wait to see how she continues to grow over the next lifetime! But um, one question, how do you do this newborn thing when you have other kids at the same time? AHHHHH! Props to all you mothers with more than one.

10 comments:

Meredith said...

Katie, thanks for the update! Olivia is so beautiful. I hope I get to meet her in person someday. And, by the way, you look like such a pro at being a mom :)

The Powells said...

i cant handle how sweet and beautiful she is!!! she is just perfect. and about doing the newborn thing with others..alot of diet coke! im always tired and question how i got through the day many times..but some how just do. its crazy thats for sure!

Scotty and Chels said...

Yay! I'm so glad you posted. I've been wanting to see more of your baby girl to get me excited for mine! (not that I'm not excited enough) She's so beautiful! It's fun to hear about those first few weeks. I just don't really know what to anticipate! I have (technically) 12 more days to go!

Alice said...

Katie, you look fabulous...HELLO TOP SHELF! Olivia is beautiful. Ya, Finn was the NOISIEST sleeper ever. He was evicted from our room at 2 weeks. He kept me up when he slept. Maybe she'll turn out to be a super chatty baby just like Finn. He's always talking:) Enjoy it but I think they're more fun when they get a bit older.

annie (the annilygreen one) said...

she's beautiful! and believe people when they say it gets easier...because it does. and she'll definitely keep your life interesting and exciting. gosh, newborns are adorable...especially yours!

Michelle Call said...

She is sooo beautiful. I am waiting for one to come out with dark hair like hers. I love it! Good luck with everything.

Lorilee said...

I have been dying to see more photos, and hear how you are doing.
I smiled through the entire reading of this post. She is so pretty and perfect.... and you look SO good, with the waist (nobody has a waist after they give birth) and the boobs to prove it.
I'm so happy and excited for you. isn't it the best thing in the whole world?
remember when you asked me, "so what DO mom's do all day?" :)

Rina said...

Olivia is so cute! Thanks for posting an update. Sounds like she is keeping you busy. You look great Katie! I can't believe you were back to church one week after having a baby. You are cray cray. I use that as my excuse to ditch for a few weeks. Good luck keeping up with the denamds of a newborn.

Heather S. said...

she is gorgeous... such a pretty girl!

Cristy said...

Such a darling little girl! I love all the pictures! You seem to be doing so great! Way to go new Mommy! And you can do it with multiple kids, but it is different than the first time around. Enjoy all these calm peaceful moments when it's just the TWO of you! :)