
I have never been a fan of outdoorsy/hiking sandals. Not cute. I don't care what they do to try and make them seem cute, they aren't. I know EVERYONE who does outdoorsy things loves Chacos, but I have never thought they were aesthetically pleasing. Just slightly better looking than the rest. Well, now I am super heavy and pregnant, and my life-long problem of one flat foot and pronated ankles (they go inward) is getting the best of me. I can't walk for more than 15 minutes without my feet hurting. And I figured since I don't want to have horrible feet when I am older, that I should invest in some sandals with arch and pronation support. My beloved flip flops do not support anything. So I forked over an outrageous amount of money and bought these. In black, because they need to go with everything (though if they had had this style in the burnt orange I would have bought them for sure). And if you still think they are ugly (mom), well you should have seen the puffy Tevas I was wearing everyday (that I bought at Marshall's in desperation before our Memorial Day hiking trip). These look glamorous in comparison.
7 comments:
No one (around here) can believe you bought those either! poor katie, reduced to wearing the ugliest shoes in the WORLD. the sacrifices mothers make for their children!!
love MOM xxoo
Haha. I loved this post and your mom's comment :)
I totally agree with you! I think I took a pair of Chacos to Tonga and I think I ditched them shortly after. However, I'm sure these look great on you because everything you are adorable and always look so great!!
that is tooo funny! esp your mom's comment! hey! you gotta wear what's comfy! welcome to the world of motherhood! i swore i would never do birks but when i was pregnant with gracie that is ALL i wore!!!
Oh these shoes aren't that bad! :)
I LOVE your onesies. way more creative than mine! where do you get the dye for them? It's funny I got a pattern the other day online for skirts just like the ones you made. We must be looking at the same websites! Too bad our girls won't be closer to share clothes :) I can't wait to see your baby. Your due soon!
Oh, I didn't read the Dave Eggers book you metioned. I want to. I've just read a collection of short stories he wrote.
You will become obsessed! I thought I would never be addicted to chacos and now they're the only shoes I wear. Honestly, the only tan line I have on my body is on my feet... with my chaco straps. They look so cute on you too!
i have a pair of chacos... and wear them occasionally, usually when I want to fit in with the tree hugger crowd-- or when i'm shopping at REI.
sounds like you need a pedicure :)
i'm totally jealous of how tiny your ankles and feet still are. in the last couple months of my pregnancy, i think my feet tripled in size!
Post a Comment