yesterday I heard my little baby's heartbeat. after seeing the ultrasound a month ago, I didn't see what the big deal would be about hearing the heartbeat. I cried. well, teared up. It was so cool to actually hear it! It again made the baby seem much more real. I felt so much closer to it by hearing its little heart beating. I can't explain it. only someone who has experienced it can probably understand what I mean (because before yesterday I sure as heck didn't).
now the title of this post is "there IS a heartbeat." the reason for that is because ever since I heard the heartbeat yesterday, that phrase (which was shouted in anger at my husband and I at church one Sunday by a crazy lady from Utah who told us we needed to see the bishop before voting for Obama, because we could be excommunicated) has been popping into my head. it makes me think of that lady and laugh. excommunicated? really? she was cray-cray.
Wednesday, January 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



7 comments:
Yay--I'm so excited for you!
(And, that is hilarious about the lady at church...)
it was like that for me too! i always thought people in movies were just being silly when they cried at heartbeats, but i totally did. it's just so incredible that the technology is there so we can hear it, and it's even more incredible and awe-inspiring that it's beating in there at all....a real tiny person who can't wait to meet you and franc.
After the heartbeat is heard, the rate of miscarriage drops drastically. It's like 5% or something like that. I worked with a women who had a miscarriage and she mentioned it one time to me. I'm so excited for you and Franc!
Love the story about the women from church!
Yes, how I know that feeling! It really is so surreal when you hear that little life inside you. And it never gets old. Every time you hear it you get the same feeling, every ultrasound, every child. I'm so happy for you Katie!
Isn't it the best. Wait until you get to the next ultra sound and you get to see the baby more developed. Ours was sucking his thumb:)
Oh and on the Obama thing, I was berated on my facebook wall by a friend who thought that I was an awful person for voting for Obama. IN ALL THEIR FACES!
that lady is nuts....all though my grandma did tell me and my other family members that voted for him that we are out of the will, dang!! ha,ha...crazy old people! anyway, the heartbeat is very exciting and i cant wait for you to experience everthing else pregnancy has to offer...the day you feel the baby move will blow your mind!! i love it, my little guy has been kicking all morning!
if I had the money, I would have bought one of those little things you put on your tummy to listen to the heart beat and sit on my couch all day and do nothing but listen all day. it's the best thing ever.
(I even tried to listen with a stethoscope)
so happy for you.
so, are you excommunicated?
Post a Comment