
DID: I layed on the floor of my breakfast room all day and read this book (4 hours) until it was time to leave for the youth dance we were chaperoning.
PS Amazing book that I recommend. a memoir about a girl growing up in the most insane family and impoverished circumstances imaginable. I kept having to remind myself that it wasn't fiction. This actually happened to the author! It reminds me of a Tree Grows in Brooklyn, which, coincidentally the girl reads when she is young and says that she feels she relates to the little girl in that novel. (and if you haven't read a tree grows in brooklyn READ IT NOW. same with this one. both fantastic coming of age stories.)
SHOULDA DID: worked on the order of 25 headbands that YBGallery just reordered for their store. or cleaned.
TODAY (Monday):
DID: Went hiking and worked on a new quilt for my bebe (sex still unknown). first quilt ever, very fun!to see it click here.
SHOULDA DID: worked on the order of 25 headbands that YBGallery just reordered for their store. or cleaned.



5 comments:
I have ALMOST bought that book so many times. Now I will definitely have to. Thanks for the recommendations.
Is that my book? I also had to keep telling myself it was a real story - which makes it even sadder. I don't know about reading a tree grows....it seems depressing from the start - at least on audio....but it IS a classic....Anyway, I think your weekend holiday sounds perfect! What was Franc doing? LOve, MOM
love the quilt
Yeah, I do things a lot of the time when I shoulda been doin other things... like blog crusing when I should be sleeping....
Your quilt looks great! You are a very ambitious and creative girl. Not that I needed to tell you that.
katie! i love that you loved this book. i just read it a couple months ago and wrote down all my favorite quotes and ideas from it. i kind of want to raise a creative family like that but maybe (well definitely) a lot more stable and a lot less crazy. but it was beautifully written for sure. write more recommendations! i love it!!!
Post a Comment