Tuesday, January 20, 2009

millions of peaches, peaches for me


My absolute favorite food is a peach/nectarine (slightly preferring nectarines). I didn't realize this until lately. I mean I have always LOVED them, but the other day I decided that I like them even more than chocolate cake (my other great love). Reason? probably because I CAN'T have them all year like I would like to (they aren't in season) but I can have a chocolate cake anytime. Therefore, like most things in life, I want what I can't have.

Every year I wait for peach season to come around. and of course now that I'm pregnant, I want them even more. WELL on Friday night I was at Kroger when low and behold.... PEACHES AND NECTARINES! I didn't even care about the price; I bought a pound of each (needed to make sure they tasted good before buying more). Delicious. The next day I went back and bought 7 more pounds. yes. 7. and I ate 5 peaches on Saturday. I normally never get to eat that many because they are too expensive, but since I am preggo I am allowing myself the luxury. I have tried to cut down to 2-3 a day though, I figure all that fiber and Vitamin A can't be too good for me:) Now I have that The Presidents of the United States of America song, "peaches" stuck in my head!

(i told franc to quickly take a picture of this one before I devoured it)

3 comments:

Cristy said...

Baby gets what baby wants!

I saw peaches out Walmart the other day and almost broke and got some too! Mmmm...

Thanks for the book recommendation, I'll put it in my ever growing "to read" list.

Alice said...

OH YUM!!!! I love them both, but together:) OH JOY!

Ya, I only purchase things that are in season. Then I know it's more likely to be locally grown. Hopefully Georgia will ship some of those out to us this summer.

Meredith said...

Where are they getting peaches this time of year?

Man, we haven't seen ANY in UT or else I would be buying them up just like you! Yum!