Monday, January 12, 2009

nesting (photos taken with my cell phone)



I started making an alphabet for the baby's wall, using big words so by the time they went to school they'd knock their teacher's socks off with a sophisticated vocabulary. Well, drawing and shading all these little images takes a little time and I kind of also wanted to do a design-y alphabet, so I decided the make 2 sets. One for while the baby can't read, and another for when it gets a little older. Now I just need to start the quilt, boppy cover, bibs, and when I know the sex...clothes. I LOVE having a baby to make all this stuff for! (and selfishly its nice because sometimes when I make something I love, it is hard to give it away, but I will be giving it to someone who lives with me, so I am really giving it to myself...)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a great idea- I love thinking of a little Kortman running around saying, "My, you're ambidextrous, how captivating!" :)

ed and brooke said...

I love your second design. It looks 3-dimensional. Is it?

Meredith said...

Haha, I'm totally the same way when I make something I like! It is so hard to part with it.

annie (the annilygreen one) said...

those are wonderful! and definitely cover your boppy pillow. that's been the one reason i wish i could sew....the options at the store are depressing, and i do everyting i can to hide my blue velvet gross one at home.

Cristy said...

So awesome! Lucky Baby! (In more ways than just art!)

The newborn really will like the black and white. I had my sister make this awesome black and cream tiole blanket and Hailey just stares and stares at it. Contrast contrast...

Rina said...

Ha ha! I love your ambidextrous alligator.