Monday, November 3, 2008

The sanity saving snot pot (neti pot)


I was REALLY sick on Saturday. I didn't leave my bed (except to eat) the entire day and I was progressively getting worse. Besides the fact that I went through an entire roll of toilet paper that day, my head was throbbing and felt like it was full of mucus. My ears even began to hurt, and I started to get a fever. At about 8 pm I couldn't take anymore and I remembered this neti pot thing that my friend had told me about awhile ago. I researched it online a little bit, and then sent Franc to CVS to pick one up.

IT IS THE BEST THING I EVER DISCOVERED FOR MY SINUSES, COLDS, and ALLERGIES!!!! It might sound gross, but you fill it with a water/salt solution and then tilt your head, stick it up your nose and pour. It pours out the other nostril along with the mucus, flushing out the sinuses. Once I did it, I felt INSTANT RELIEF! I was barely sick the next day! And today you wouldn't have even known I was ever sick! I love this thing. If you want to know more check out this blog/article

5 comments:

Ayme S. R. said...

Oh man I miss you and your perkiness. :'D

There's a bug going around. But how does it feel having water and mucus drained out of your nose?

Meredith said...

Ok, every single member of my immediate family has been trying to talk me into using one of these for YEARS. I think I even got one in a Christmas stocking a while back...

Now that I have your word, the next time I'm sick, I'll give it a try (ew!).

:)

Cristy said...

I got one for my husband a few years ago and he loves it! I can't stand it, I always feel like I"m drowning.

Alice said...

My cousin totally had one and I tried it. Kind of annoying but it works. I actually prefer rubbing a bit of Vics Vapor rub under my nose before I go to bed.

ed and brooke said...

My grandma had one that she tried once. She swore it didn't work... i think she inhaled the saline solution though. I've been wanting to try one for ages. I'm glad you're feeling better!