Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Staying in our empty apartment


So, we moved out of our Miami apartment on Saturday. Franc and I did it all ourselves (and we were on the 3rd floor). That same day, we had to unload the truck into my parents' garage (luckily we had their help that time). Needless to say, we are both STILL sore from the move. BUT... since we work 1 1/2 hours away from my parents' house, we are staying in our apartment until the end of the week. SANS FURNITURE. So its like camping out. Kind of fun really! Maybe I don't need all that stuff! (Just kidding mom, I do, so thank you for letting us keep it all in your garage:)

For those that don't know, Franc got into a Masters of Biomedical Sciences program at a DO (Doctor of Osteopathy) school in ATL. Its a great school, and from this program he has a 97+% chance of getting into DO/med school (maybe if he had turned in the applications for DO schools in on time, we would be going there... but i am officially over that). So, ATL here we come! Cheaper housing, here we come! Though I am very sad to leave my family here in Florida, as well as my students and school:(

7 comments:

ed and brooke said...

Is it PCOM? In Suwanee?

The Powells said...

that doesn't sound fun...i hate moving

ed and brooke said...

That is so crazy! Ed got accepted there and went to see the school. He actually got accepted to a DO school in AZ and we decided to go there instead. I so miss Suwanee. I am so jealous!

Cristy said...

Congrats on the move! I miss the cheaper housing in the south. (I grew up in Houston Texas) I'm sure it's hard to leave your school behind, and congrats on teacher of the year!

graviel said...

you're not still doing that are you? oh btw its Gabriel =D i don't know how to work this thing ..like what am i doing here? do i add you like myspace? or like ???

Anonymous said...

Good luck in "hotlanta" mrs. kortman, we'll all miss you here in small Hialeah. lol
You were an awesome teacher, I can tell you you were my favorite. I just hope the best for you guys over in Georgia.

graviel said...

well im glad i can entertain! >:[! j/k im gonna go tomorrow and hang out in your room all day since it'll be the last time ever i can get to hang out with the bestest art teacher ever