Thursday, June 5, 2008

The Last Day of School...

I want to post this for all my students that I had this year at Mater.... I truly love you all. When my husband and I decided that we should go to the school in Atlanta, it was a very hard choice to make. I realized that I would be sad to leave, but until today when you all had gone home, I didn't realize just how hard it would hit me. As I look back at pictures on my computer, taken throughout the year, and I see how much I am really going to miss you. It has been an absolutely amazing year for me. I feel so lucky to have been a part of all of your lives' this year.

I wish I were a better writer, so that I could articulate everything that I am feeling inside right now. I will always remember the little things that made my experience so unique... the music (why did everyone love lil' wayne so much?? and oh how everyone fought over which songs I should or shouldn't play on my Mac)... the dancing (how many times was I asked to "crank that soldier boy" or show everyone I could crunk??)... all the stuff people would write on my board (notes, drawings, etc)... my morning visitors (who kindly left a yogurt each day:))... my lunch crowd (what started as about 3 people eating in the room, turned into about 25)... my faithful student aid (part muralist, part miniature elephant lover)... my every period student (and sewing/designing/art clubbing/fundraising/talking/everything partner)... all the boys who asked me to marry them relentlessly (my husband grimaces:)).... the constant questions about what it was like to grow up in Utah (again, I am not from Utah!)... and I will never forget the Ms! Ms! Ms!, Ms.K!'s...

I of course am thankful for every sweet word of encouragement, gratitude, and praise that you all constantly gave, and I wish that I could just go back and relive the whole year again. The thought of not seeing you again, brings me to tears. I love you all, and I want to thank you for every moment and every memory that I now have.

10 comments:

graviel said...

ah so many pictures that we took =[ i never got those posed pictures for baby elephant photoshoping ...maaaan!

Cristy said...

It sounds like you had such a great time as a teacher! No wonder your students loved you so much. I could always tell when a teacher really didn't want to be there... and when a teacher loved what they did.

You will love Atlanta. Every time I see it on House Hunters I think it looks like a really cool place to live!

Anonymous said...

You summed up this year perfectly. (I never got the whole lil Wayne thing either). All I can say now is that I hope everything works out great in Georgia, Im glad I knew you for one year, you were an amazing teacher, no surprise you won teacher of the year.
Soooo....Bye
Good luck in ATL


BTW it took me 4ever to figure how to leave a comment. lol

Anonymous said...

yo ms.kkk wuz up. i feel kinda weird because i never really had a teacher care about me or anyone in general as much as you did. i kno i gave you some hard times but i am grateful for all that you did for me. thank you. -Roymer

Ayme S. R. said...

Miiiiiiissss, Imma miss you! DX It's not cool for you to be ditching us only after one year but can't do nothing about it. And art class this year was my favorite period ever. You don't know how many crazy stuff me, Dianelis, Judith and Stephan didn't that you just didn't notice (you're a very oblivious person. Karen wasn't as silly as us though. :3

I'll be sure to keep in touch with you through this blogstuff, though. Internet for the win!

The Powells said...

you are an amazing teacher!! what a great experience

graviel said...

thank youuu and no i cant i kinda gave it to this girl =/ anywhoo my emails gabrielg8474@yahoo.com =]

Anonymous said...

Wow look at you, i guess you werent that sad afterall leaving us behind, i mean you went to Peru for vacation what is that? you should of been at your house crying all day, everyday for leaving us behind , or making color wheels that they are so much "fun" to do but no instead you go and have your little fun and forget all about us .. i see how it is, but its all goood hahahah
but ight ms."i think i can get crunk" take care and you could write me back at
x20xtolcarmelx20@aol.com
oo yea and tell your youngest sister i said HEY!!!lol you know I'm "just Kidding" haha
Peace out miss!!!! =)

Anonymous said...

Ms.kortmannnn!!
Well we're all heading back 2 school soon and it suckks knowing i have art and that its not gonna be with you!! I can honestly say that you were an amazing teacher! Even though im not the best artist in the world i really learned alot in your class.I always looked forward to going 2 my art class because it was always so much fun and you were the coolestt teacher everrr!!!
We never had a boring project or a boring class. Well Ms.k you can write me back at lily17@bellsouth.net.
Good luck in Georgia and take care!!
<33 Lilyeth =D

Zima101 said...

I miss you Kortman...