Friday, June 1, 2007

337 project in SLC





So a month or so ago someone told me about this house that was being torn down, and all these artists were going to do artwork in it. They mentioned that I should go paint in it, to which in my head I replied, "yeah right! Like I want to spend hours and hours on an art piece that is going to be demolished... I barely have time for my real work!" Well, that was the wrong decision, and it is too bad that I am so stingy with my time and artwork. I guess this 337 project was a big deal, and they filmed a documentary, etc on it. So, yeah I should've done it. Anyways, we decided to go see the house, and it was SOOOOOOO COOOOL!!! The first day we went with Courtney and Judd, and then decided to go back the next day with our other friends to see if we could get into the part you needed tickets for (the day before the tickets were all gone-they were free). So we got tickets and then had to wait 2 HOURS!! I kept wondering if it was worth it, but I must say it DEFINITELY was. It was the coolest piece of art I had seen! Every inch of that building was covered in artwork, with lots of really cool installations (my internet is too slow for me to upload all the images). Anyways, the pictures show a glimpse of it, and a lovely one of Franc holding my purse (one of the greatest things about having a husband, is not having to carry your purse!).

1 comment:

BeccaAnne said...

i wish i had a husband...*sigh*...