Saturday, October 8, 2011

amélie frances at 3 months old

 This was probably one of the last times she slept in the moses basket. She is fully in her crib now (since about 2.25 months)


 smiling in her poopy chair (see below)
 tell me you don't want to kiss those dimple cheeks!
 smiling during tummy time? what?
 just chillin in her bumbo while I make dinner. she always leans this way and puts her arm up on the side.





amélie at three months....

has won her grandpa's heart over and over with scintillating conversation.  she lights up and just gabs away when he is holding her. (we joke that its a meeting of the square-heads society.)

no matter how tired or hungry she is, if I look her in the eye and smile at her she will stop her fussing (which is minimal anyway) and smile back at me. She is incredibly smiley and happy. and loves to talk using lots of facial expressions as if she is very serious.

sleeps about 8-10 hrs straight at night. Goes to bed around 7:30/8pm, wakes around 4:30/5/6am and back to bed until 8 or 9 am. also an excellent napper.

started wearing 3-6 month clothes at about 2 months... she's going through the clothes a lot faster than olivia!

I don't know how big she is now but at her 2 month check up she was 12 lbs and was as-big-as and as-strong-as a 4 month old (so the doctor says).

she has the cutest chubby thighs with countless rolls. I. love. them.

hates tummy time, loves sleeping on her back, and is developing a flat head from all that sleeping!

drools like she's teething.

started getting mild reflux and shows discomfort sometimes after eating. poor thing

is super duper easy going and will happily sit in her poo-chair bouncy seat forever while I tend to her older sister's oh-so-pressing needs.

thinks her bouncy seat is for pooping. she poops while sitting in it 90% of the time. She is basically potty trained.... :)

the only thing she isn't easy about is eating in public. or rather eating while NOT laying down. Its my fault because I lie in my bed to feed her for just about every feeding. I am really trying to break this habit because its stressful trying to feed her while she screams under the nursing cover. I always tell people what an awesome, rarely-crying, easy baby she is, and then I go to feed her and they are like "huh? I thought she was so easy? Why is she screaming?" Oh she just wants to lie down to eat.....(probably not good habits for her future either!!! haha).

I am head-over-heels in love with this baby. I see why people are addicted to having babies now. I think its a combination of me knowing what I am doing, and she being so easy that makes this seem so much easier the second time around. I just can't stop staring at her, talking to her, kissing her, squeezing her. OH! I just don't want her to grow up too fast. I am addicted to this little baby.

3 comments:

Heather S. said...

Are those little blue eyes I see? Your girls really are so beautiful. You are lucky people who make cute cute little ones!

Rina said...

She is adorable.

MommaFelix626 said...

wow. i have the same issues with feeding in public! she is such an easy baby except when she eats in public... she also hates the nursing cover! lol. i don't always lay down to feed her (only in the mornings and during the night but it definitely the easier feeds!) and she gives her dad SO much trouble to lay down to drink a bottle! lol she is so opinionated! but i love her for that!