Sunday, June 26, 2011

22 months ( 1 month late)

 "ohhhhh Hugh's here and I have no pants on!"

 "hey Hugh, come here my love...."
 "Get a little closer"
 Hugh: "uhhhh mom? what is she trying to do to me???"
 "oh I just love hugging you"
 "now for the good stuff..."
 "Moowhahhh! (kiss)"...... with her fancy clip-on earrings on of course:)
 "ohh what did I just do. did you like it Hugh?"
 pants-less jumping on the bed!!!!

 tuckered out, but just for the moment. These two really loved each other. I have never seen Olivia interact so well with any other kid! She is either super bossy, or super sad from being bossed around, but for some reason with Hugh (whom she did boss around on occasion...) she played really well.
 she insisted on us both putting all of these things in our hair and around our necks (when I was packing up the apt. lots of things were out that she could finally get her hands on.)
 playing with bubbles. pantsless of course. (this was back when she was still potty-trained and I thought it was easier for her to just no where pants so she could run to the potty when she had diarrhea---which was multiple times every day).
 oh I about died when I walked in to her room after her nap (I was wondering why she had "slept" so long...) and saw THIS in her crib! She had opened a box within her reach and had transferred all the contents to her crib! She only called for me when she got to something she couldn't open!
 At Grandma and Grandpa's house in FL (where we lived for a month-- and where she became un-potty trained). She LOVED carrying around my mom's antique pails.
 pretending she was a dog.
 wrong order, since this was back in GA, but here she is bossing me around (telling me she wants to see the "baby" on the camera--- i.e. herself).
 almost the whole family was here! This was the weekend we got to FL (this was Mother's Day). I was 31 wks. pregnant.
 catching bugs with the kit Aunt Becca got her (and the hat, "princess" skirt, and light up shoes)
 I put her in the dress, but then she went into grandma's closet and found the shoes and purse to match
 um  what do you want mom?.
 uhh this dress is itching me!
 she loves hiding things in her shirt.
 more bug catching
 she looks like a real field scientist:)


 using her fingers to put the bug into the net that was actually supposed to be doing the catching:) so much easier to just use your fingers!

(from memory because I accidentally lost this entire post) 22 Months:
-moved down to florida with mommy, and was a perfect ANGEL on the ride down. no tantrums, no fighting me to not be in her seat. only one pee-pee accident (within the first 15 min. we left...). she was perfect.
favorite letter: w (would say W!!! when waking up from naps, and always looked for it first when playing with the magnetic alphabet)
favorite shape: circle (had foam circles that she would walk around with in her hands and cause constant elation whenever she found another one.)
favorite color: pink (she knows all her colors but everything is pink when you ask her)
favorite animal: zebra (b/c of the movie "racing stripes" that she constantly requested to watch while at my parents' house).
in love with my family's new dog: coco. loves to boss her around and tell her "sit coco."
started pooping and peeing in her pants all the time, a few days after we got to my parent's house. so a  couple weeks later I gave up and put her back in diapers. (she still will go on the potty every now and again, but diapers and pull-ups are constantly on). regression+8 months pregnant= back in diapers
- begged to go to see the "fantes" (elefantes: SP) everyday, which meant she wanted to go to the zoo. even though there were no elephants there (but I told her the very first day that there were, so that's what she started calling the zoo. later she just requested to see the animals).
-would get up at the crack of dawn (which shone brightly in her room at my parents' house) everyday--which made me tired so luckily she started playing with all of matthew's old animals and toys for about the first 1-2 hrs. she was awake. I would lie in bed half asleep.
-becomes bossier everyday... loves telling other kids what to do. loves telling me what to do.
-uses many more words to construct her sentences, I can see such a huge progression in her communication, and every month I don't think she could possibly change THAT much by the next month, but she really does!
-one day olivia saw me mouthing the words to a song in the car and the next thing I know she is in the back seat moving her torso side to side (dancing) and with a very serious face she is mouthing the "words." It was to die for!!!
-she said a million and one funny things this month and it pains me that the original post is lost and I never backed it up, so olivia will never know:(
-loved all the wooden puzzle games that my mom had at her house (I don't have any unfortunately) and she was able to figure most of them out in about one try. smart girl:)

2 comments:

Shanicherie said...

I love her, I love you and I am STILL get teary every time I think about you not being here. boo. I love all the pics, her outfits are awesome!

ed and brooke said...

What a character! This looks like such a fun age with Olivia!