Tuesday, January 5, 2010

5months (and 2 weeks)




 

this month was filled with lots of fun firsts... and some funny little incidents too
*rode in a  shopping cart for the first time
*sat in a restaurant high chair
*ate her feet (she eats them while I change her diaper)
*can sit on her own, well for a little while.
*stayed in a hotel/ pack n'play which she found very distracting, she was always turning around and then would constantly scratch at the sides because she liked the sound... not much sleeping in that thing.
*took a road trip
*said "dada." that's basically her favorite thing to say all day.
*started sleeping on her back again, after a 2 month haitus from it. (she was perfectly strong and fine on her tummy, and wouldn't sleep on her back for very long and so at 10 weeks I started letting her sleep on her tummy. don't shoot me. she was strong and could easily move her head and in fact was always doing laps around her crib.)
*goes to sleep happily. she'll squeal and talk to herself and roll around for awhile and then she's out, in about 5 minutes or less. MUCH better than the 5-10 minutes of crying she used to do!
*at 3.5 months she started rolling over, and at 4 months I couldn't keep her on her tummy. then all of the sudden one day she completely stopped. And now the only time she almost rolls over is back to tummy...
*still freaks out at sudden or loud noises, she is just a fragile little girl!!
*she absolutely hates being in her carseat when she is bundled up in her winter clothes. too restricting.
 * strokes my hair, squeezes my boob, plays with her feet, and a myriad other things while nursing.
*she is OBSESSED with water bottles (so I taped a zephryhills wrapper on a bottle for her to pretend with).
*My favorite thing she does now is mouth words to me. she mimics the words I say, and also watches intently at my mouth when I am reading or talking to her. I love that she mouths words to me all day.

FUNNY THINGS SHE'S DONE:
*she made farting noises with her mouth while farting with her buns.
*she liquid pooed all over franc's wii fit which was under her feet in the jumperoo (to make up for being to short)
*giggled hysterically at her aunt becca making funny faces and her aunt christina swinging her hair.
*laid in the pack n'play at the hotel and whispered to herself for about an hour.

I love being a mother. It is so fun to watch Olivia learn new things and discover the world around her. Month 5 was super fun.

7 comments:

Flower said...

Katie:

I enjoyed reading all that. Being a mother is definitely one of those abstract gifts that no one understands unless they are a mother themselves. So happy that Olivia is keeping you busy and most importantly, thriving!

Big hugs to all of you,
Flower

Alice said...

Glad you're having fun with her. Finn slept in a pack n' play over the break also and did the same thing...he loved the scratching noise....needless to say we were EXHAUSTEd when we got back to California.

The Powells said...

she is growing way way way to fast!!!! and what are those darling tights with a butterfly on the bum?? i love it!

Johansen Family said...

Katie I can't believe that she is 5 months already! It seems like I was just meeting you in my parents ward the day she was blessed. Hope you are doing well.
Kimberly (Galt)

Unknown said...

So cute. I wish I had been home for Christmas to see her!

3girlsmom said...

she is adorable! i love that she is wearing a scarf. did you make it? hey and what is that cauuuute bag in the shopping cart with her?

Anonymous said...

aw, so fun! i haven't seen you guys in forever and it just blows me away that she's 5 months already - holy moly! your post made me excited to be a mom :)