Tuesday, December 8, 2009

the holidays....

here is our little fake tree. we got in on sale last yr. after christmas. i would prefer real of course, i mean that's what i grew up with, but we 1. don't have the money to buy a new one every year and 2. we are only actually here for the first 18 days of december and then we always go to FL, so its not really worth it!
I put up my decorations the sunday after thanksgiving, just a little late posting it. oh and i usually have way more going on... birch... garlands... etc, but I just have been so busy with blueeyedfreckle this year, i couldn't spare the moments to put anything else up!
okay so really this should be a separate post. so, i am not really a fan of portrait studio family pictures, i more prefer a casual style like my friend clairissa... BUT franc and i thought it would be fun just because we had this thing to get a free 10x13, and well we (esp. franc) can't pass up free!

so this is how it happened: franc called me at 11:40 and said "hey should i come home and we go get our photos taken? i got out of class early and don't have to be back until 1pm." me: uh, ok! so i called, made an appt. for 12:20, put olivia down for a catnap, and then ran around the house lik a mad woman trying to decide what we should all wear. i didn't want to be super matchy, but i decided we should all be in b&w.

we went, olivia was cranky from a short nap, but that one of her on her blanket with the hat was cute. the ones of all of us??? i look super fat bloaty face and franc looks sweaty. real cute. the only one that hid these facts was this cheesy kissing photo where olivia looks like a boy. oh well. we have more free coupons and intend to use em' all:)
my mom and olivia at thanksgiving... isn't my mom stunning?
the rosebrough grandparents
olivia's favorite trick: the foot to cheek trick. works every time! gotta love those babyfat rolls she is getting!
nice tongue shot of olivia huh?
pretty jess and yolanda kortman with the girl of the hour.
here is my dad taking olivia on a walk on thanksgiving, so I could cook.
in the hat i knit her while pregnant
with her favorite uncle. matthew.
we had a wonderful thanksgiving with all the family in town. I made thanksgiving for the second year in a row, and this year it was MUCH easier because I bought a precooked turkey that I just had to reheat in the oven. all I had to focus on was the sides! just 2 weeks til we see my family again yay!!

5 comments:

3girlsmom said...

what great pics! and the studio ones are not that bad. the one with olivia and your mom is awesome. you should frame it and give it to her for christmas! gorg!

Anonymous said...

i feel like i haven't seen you in forever! i've tried catching you at church but i'm terrible at it..sorry!

your pics were super cute and I LOVE the cheesy kissing one - you all look great and i didn't think olivia looked like a boy... :)

well have a safe trip to FL - I'm flying to UT this Friday so I probably won't see you guys, but Merry Christmas!

Clair said...

The pictures are actually really cute. And you can't beat free. Thanks for the shout out, tho. And don't worry....we'll be doing a photo shoot of you soon enough :)

Scotty and Chels said...

I think the professional photos look adorable! I know what you mean though. We made the mistake of taking Lucy when she was a newborn and they all looked terrible! I'm scared to go again. I really do like casual ones better but felt I should go since my mom bought me a year of sittings! Anyway, we didn't even use the photos. She didn't even look like herself. I thought I was one of those moms who thinks their baby is cute when the baby is really kind of not. But Lucy IS cute (I think:)! ) and we took other home photos that day to prove it! :)
oh and i LOVE Olivia's cute chub rolls! and your Christmas stuff. We have a TOTALLY fake WHITE Christmas tree. oh well. it's cheaper i guess.

Lorilee said...

i want to eat those baby fat rolls.. so adorable.