Wednesday, September 9, 2009

blogging in my head

So, for the past week I have been blogging in my head. I haven't had the time to actually write them down and put them into cyberspace, I just keep writing them in my head while I am nursing, or laying in bed with Olivia while she sleeps next to me (and I am too scared to move for fear of her waking).

So here are the blog posts I have been wanting to write:

1. My breast pump speaks to me. Everytime I pump (which is not that often really) the sound/rhythmn of the diaphram/motor creates different words in my head. On Labor day Olivia was really sick from something I had eaten, so I had to give her formula while I pumped out all the bad milk. In that day the pump "said" different things to me. (these words repeat over and over to me for the entire duration--- about 15 minutes)
"Prophet Maloo" Prophet Maloo Prophet Maloo
"Heidi Klum" Heidi Klum Heidi Klum
"You Can Too" You can too YOu can too

I can't remember the other phrases but those are just a taste. Does this happen to anyone else? Or am I just crazy?

Blog post #2

On Labor Day my husband wanted to know what I wanted to do. Among other things, I told him I wanted to go grocery shopping by myself. Now this is odd for various reasons.... one being that before I had Olivia I HATED HATED HATED grocery shopping. I love food, but hate shopping for it. Maybe b/c I hate lugging it up the stairs and putting it away. ANYWAY, its also odd because who wants to grocery shop as a fun activity on a holiday? well, that is something I am learning as a new mom. Those rare moments when you get to just be alone for a second NOT taking care of anyone seem so nice that even grocery shopping by myself seems like a treat.

Don't get me wrong. I love Olivia, and spending all day with her. But trying to go shopping with her is such an ordeal. The carseat, the diaper bag, trying to do it when she is not napping, but not fussy, breastfeeding, all of it make it SO much more stressful.

#3. Instead of going to the Decatur Book Festival, and shopping in Virginia Highlands/Little Five Points (cool areas of town with fun shops), Franc got my oil changed. Yes. it was supposed to take 1 hour, and it turned into 4 HOURS (not Franc's fault). I spend all Saturday waiting and waiting thinking it would be done at anytime, so I didn't DO ANYTHING! AHHHH what a holiday weekend.

4 comments:

Lesley said...

bahagaaaaa. mine used to say "in da club in da club" and "you can do it" all sorts of things. i felt like i was going insane!

Alice said...

YES YES YES! to all of this. I too blog in my head, my pump also speaks to me and YES!!!! shopping with an infant is HARD! But you'll get the hang of it. The timing is the hardest part. I put Finn in the carrier so I don't have to mess with the carseat in the store....also......the weekends have turned into chore day. I hate it. Since I usually would spend the whole week getting all of these chores done...now I need Jared's help on Saturdays to do it and we never do anything fun. So I made us go out on Labor Day...forgot all of the chores...You need to do it every once in a while.!

Cristy said...

Ah, the breast pump, how I don't miss it! It never really spoke to me, but it did make me feel like a cow in an assembly line...

Going ANYWHERE on ANY ERRAND by myself if HEAVEN!!!

Anonymous said...

Can't say a thing about the breast pump, but I will say that I so enjoyed seeing your cute family for a minute, and yes, let's be friends!