Friday, May 15, 2009

custom car seat cover on its way! yeah!



So, This is NOT the car seat cover I am having made, its just an example. The fabrics I am using are the ones pictured up top. SO EXCITED! The story of my carseat: Even though I had registered for a really nice, orange (love) carseat before, I found a pale pink and grey Graco carseat that was less than a year old and spotless at a "consignment" sale (they are HUGE here in the south) for only $50 and bought it. (It also came with an extra base!) So, even though it is nice, I was never planning on a pink carseat, but I am all about being thrifty these days, so whatever I didn't care.

Then.... I realized I had some extra moolah from all this blueeyedfreckle business and art lessons I have been teaching, and thought... hmm why not look on Etsy and see if they have carseat covers.... And to my delight I found THE SASSY STORK who makes custom carseat covers!!! It was only $35 plus shipping and fabric! YEAH! This does up the overall cost of what I paid for my carseat, but hey, it is going to be so cute (and unisex), and I can easily take the cover off and wash it, which is a plus. Thank you Sassy Stork!

4 comments:

Cristy said...

That is genius! What a great way to make an awesome car seat cover! You are so cool miss Katie!

Rina said...

Katie, I've already been trying to figure out how the heck I am going to make a car seat cover for the next baby we have.. assuming that happens. But I am not that creative so I am so glad you posted this! Your baby is going to be so styling with all the things you are making for her.

3girlsmom said...

so fab! baby stuff sure has changed in just 5 short years since i had my last one! hey! now you will have 2 carseat looks.

jess p said...

we loved the great company the other night! the pizza wasn't half bad either. thank you and love, jess =)