Monday, April 6, 2009

okeefenokee swamp field trip

We saw alligators about every 50 yds. Not scary though, and I was especially good at spotting them... after all, we used to count alligators on the way to church when I was little and our ward building was and hour away.
The reflections on the water were gorgeous...
I may look like a chunker, but I'll have you know that I canoed 10 miles that day, and intensely raced another canoe (which ended up tipping right as we were about to pass... oops:)) for about 1/2 a mile of it (which is a lot after canoeing a good 4 miles previously). That's right and i was 5+ months pregnant!

I helped chaperone this trip to Okeefenokee swamps and Savannah a few weeks ago. We took 8 seniors and it was an absolute blast. And since I work for a private school, the accomodations weren't too shabby either. One of my favorite parts? While we were in Okeefenokee we stayed in luxury hotel/cabins with kitchens and so we went grocery shopping. For the 2 days we were there, we bought $300 worth of groceries!!! HEAVEN! We ate like kings and queens! This pregnant lady was happy.

Oh and we went to Savannah for 2 days also, which was heavenly. I wish I could live in that historic, yet artsy little town!

2 comments:

ed and brooke said...

Only if you have been to Georgia do you know how to say "Okeefenokee." It looks like you had a really good time.

Cristy said...

Oh how this makes me miss Houston!