I have been thinking lately about how happy I am to be pregnant, and how I will never quite have this experience again. Yes, I will most likely get pregnant again, but never for the FIRST time. It is all so new and exciting. Kind of like a lot of firsts... first kiss, first date, first wedding (not that I plan on another), first time driving, first time going to school, to college, first time being in love, first time traveling out of the country, I could go on and on. And although you might do any of these again and love the experience, the anticipation and uncertainty of the first time ever doing it cannot be repeated. And I love having new experiences, including pregnancy. I don't know what it will be like to be super huge and swollen yet, I don't know what it will be like to give birth, and most importantly, I have no idea what it will be like to see my child and love it (many have tried to explain the unconditional love you instantly feel, but since I have never had a child I don't really know what that is like).
To say that I am excited is an understatement, and if you know of my impatience, then you know it is killing me to only be 18 weeks!! ahhhh! And I can barely wait one more day to find out the sex (luckily its tomorrow).
***and in the spirit of all things Mormon, like having children, I made my first loaf of bread today! (it is still rising)
Monday, March 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Love it! Soak it in, even the hard times, that's where all the growing and learning and loving come from. The first time is really amazing, and all the other times too! Each was very different for me. What amazed me the most the first time I gave birth was not only the love for that child, but the way my heart almost burst for love for my husband, the man who I just created another life with. It's amazing.
made my first loaf of bread when I was preg too. hilarious.
i love this perspective... nothing like the first of everything. ESPECIALLY having a baby. i know you will love every single bit of it. there's not word to describe. I'm so excited for you.
im dying to know what your having...i love this post! your going to be such a great mom
Post a Comment