Thursday, February 5, 2009

pregnant belly, pink vacuum, and the quilt


This was at 13 weeks? maybe 12? I still look about the same at 14 weeks... w/ just a tiny bit more.

The finished quilt! All I have needed to do the past couple weeks is put the binding on, but I had been so busy with other things, that I didn't have a chance! I finally did it on Tuesday.

Okay, the other day I came home and since I didn't have to make any blueeyedfreckle headbands (whew!), I was FREE to do whatever I wanted! I FINALLY busted out my new pink dyson vacuum. I bought this thing in November (after thanksgiving sale), but hadn't had time to use it... well, didn't make time. And now you all know how often I vacuum... eek. Anyway, I was so excited, I opened the box, assembled it, and vacuumed the whole apt. I really don't love cleaning, but that was the best cleaning experience I have ever had. I saw things get sucked up off a rug I got from anthro years ago, that my old vacuum couldn't ever pick up! I always had to hand-pick everything off of it! I love my new vacuum:)

p.s. I totally bought it on a whim, 'cause like I really have an extra $250-sale lying around to throw down on a vacuum... but have you seen the commercials?? and did you know its made for people with allergies??? I HAVE THOSE!

9 comments:

Meredith said...

What pregnant belly? Ha ha, you're cute.

The quilt is beautiful! I may just have to commission one of those.

And again, I am SO jealous of the vacuum!

Alice said...

You are SO cute. I feel huge. I hate vacuuming. I do it about once a month unless I can get Jared to do it. Like tonight we're having dinner guest and the house desperately needs a vacuum, especially with all the glitter on the floor, I'm too concerned though. I need to get to my quilt, still need to finish my shelf though, almost done.

Mel said...

My purple Dyson just burnt itself to a crisp. I have to take it in to get it repaired. I'm at 31 weeks now myself, and trust me, I've never been a cleaner either, but... I'm obsessed now with all of those little chores that always get overlooked. Ahh, pregnancy and the freakin' weird things it does to our brains...

I'm loving your crafting! If I didn't have to work so much right now, I'd be all over projects like these.

Best of luck!!

Cristy said...

First of all, what the?! You're not pregnant! I am SO glad now that we were not pregnant together... You are adorably tiny!

Secondly, we got a dyson last year when we moved. It's kind of bulky, but man o man, the stuff that baby sucks up! I vacuum probably twice a week now it's so fun.

Quilt=iheart. Seriously, that was your first quilt?!! Love love.

sarah marie. said...

you've never looked cuter. and the quilt is PERFECT! and that vacuum is darling. brian wants a dyson so bad.

Anonymous said...

KATIE! You look beautiful, the quilt turned out beautiful (I love the dark contrasting fabric-great choice!), and your Dyson is now my envy. I bought a $25 dollar vacuum when I was in college and I'm still using it! Josh claims it's the perfect size and does the job, but I've had my eye on a Dyson since I used my sister's. Happy nesting!

Rina said...

I LOVE your pink dyson! So jealous.

I LOVE your baby quilt. And I love that you've just escaped the first trimester and you already have a baby quilt finished.

I LOVE your baby bump! So cute!

Anonymous said...

Hey, I thought you might enjoy this documentary: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1955232874558919934&ei=nCOPSe7-IouQ-wGA1vXhCQ&q=brain&hl=en

I'm hoping it will inspire you-not make you anxious or feel pressured, but I thought you could identify with it and also pick up some ideas while being pregnant.

Anonymous said...

Like the glasses.