
well I have been wanting to tell you all for sometime now, but I have been trying to keep it a secret (unless you live near me, then you probably already know..). I found out a couple days before thanksgiving that I was pregnant. I was ECSTATIC!!! Franc and I tried in October, for the first time and it worked! Yeah! The moment we started trying of course everyone started blogging that they were pregnant, which made me very impatient and frustrated. I was dying to be pregnant as soon as possible and to find out all my friends WERE ALREADY drove me wild with jealousy!
To demonstrate how anxious and impatient I was/am... I took 6 pregnancy tests in Oct/Nov. It wasn't until my period was a week late that it FINALLY said yes! Franc would laugh at me every time because I would stare at the tests and tell them that they better say "yes" or else. He said I couldn't "will" myself into pregnancy. HA! He obviously doesn't realize how strong my WILL is! (j/k I know it was more than my will, but if you saw the organization and research I did on how to get pregnant you would believe my WILL had something to do with it).
Anyway, until today I thought I was 9 weeks pregnant (and the past few weeks have felt like the longest weeks ever, I don't know how I am going to be patient for that long). I went to have my second check-up and get an ultrasound. As it turns out I am only 7 weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!AHHHHHHH!!!!! I have gone back in time! Seriously? I have to relive weeks 7 and 8 again! I was thinking I would be done with the 1st trimester after the holidays but NO! Of course not! I get to be nauseous for another 5 weeks! yippee!
The cool thing though was to see the baby's (I mean peanut, grape, almond's...) heartbeat! It was so rapid and little! It made all the nausea and constant starving worth it:) pretty much. I think I am going to die before 18-20 weeks comes along and I can find out the sex. For those of you who are or have been pregnant how the heck did you have the patience? I have already started many projects for the baby because I am so excited. It is hard to keep them unisex though.. I really need to know the sex so I can start catering the crafting, sewing, and painting to a gender!
Okay this is my longest post yet, but now that I have told you all (and I know its wayyyy early to let the cat out of the bag, but as you can see I have no patience) I can start posting pics of everything else I have been wanting to post. I haven't been blogging because all my thoughts are tied to this baby and I don't know what else to talk about on my blog!



17 comments:
WAAAA!!! I am so excited!!!! I have been WAITING and WAITING for all my "Artsy" friends to start having babies so I can get lots of great ideas about, well, LOTS of baby and kids stuff! You are going to be the coolest Mom EVER!! Wow, I am so excited about this... And just so you know, I was always rounding my weeks up so pregnancy felt like forever. So some advice, try to lose count of the days and weeks (not really possible but still). Hopefully your nausea will go away around week 12 like normal woman (mine lasted... well, and LASTED!) Man, I am so so happy for you!
Seriously so happy!!
Congratulations girl!!!!!..That;s awesome!!!
oh my gosh! yipee..we're both pregnant together! so happy for you.
Yay, I am so happy for you! Ummm, kind of hoping for a girl for you because I think you could be more prolific with the crafty fluff, and I want to see it. But hey, your are creative enough to be prolific with a boy too.
HOORAY! Ok, I'm gonna email you now.
Yay! Congratulations! You really will be the coolest mom ever!
I'm so happy for you!
:)
Congratulations!!!!! You're going to be such a great mom!
Yay!!!! I am SO stinkin excited for you and Franc (please tell him congrats from us too)! You are definitely going to be an awesome Mom and Dad. We'll have to get together and go baby-stuff shopping. :)
i am so happy for you and franc....im freaking out right now!!!! i hope you dont get to sick, but if you do i have lots of advice and good meds you can take. get lots of rest, cuz you will be more tired than ever before. and about waiting to find out the sex, it SUCKS!!!!! hopefully it will go by fast. so happy and let me know if you need anything via email! love you
YAY!!!!!!!! I'm still really excited for you :) That is so awesome!!! You and Franc are going to be great parents!! And you know we are here if you need anything!! WAHOO!! Congratulations!
I'm so excited for you Katie... this little one is so lucky to have a mom like you.
that funny it's all you want to blog about.. wait until you actually have the little monster, then tell me if you can even THINK of anything to blog about besides him or her :)
Congratulations, Katie and Franc! You will be great parents! Enjoy every minute!
Katie, I'm just smiling right now. I think babies are great and you're great and so together you make a great pair. Really, I am thrilled for you. (and in the back of my head I'm singing Katie and Franc sittin in a tree k-i-s-s-i-n-g first comes love, then comes marriage, then comes a baby in a baby carriage...but I would never tell you that let alone write it as a comment...)
aaah! yay for babies! i'm so glad for you guys that it worked on the first try! i just want to use exclamation marks all over the place!!!
KATIE! YAH! Congratulations. If you are having trouble being patient, just think about the blow outs and pukings in your near future. That should help you cherish these last 9 months a little more. :)
Can't wait to hear more! Good luck with it all! I am so excited for you!
Katie, I am so so excited for you! Sorry to post so late, I am way behind on my blog roll since December... How fun to get pregnant so fast. Although maybe Frank was a little disappointed, he he he. I have a great Amy Butler baby sewing project book that you would absolutely love. Can't wait to see your creations!
Post a Comment