Wednesday, December 31, 2008

I LOVE Maternity pants


Okay so I might only be 9 weeks along, but for Christmas one of my gifts was a Maternity clothes shopping spree. I wasn't really all that stoked about maternity clothes at first (though I HAD asked for them for Christmas)... but yesterday I strolled into Motherhood Maternity (MUCH cheaper than Pea in the Pod and Mimi Maternity) and tried on a few things (which I also wasn't REALLY falling on love with right away). I strapped on that belly in the dressing room and suddenly it was the most EXCITING shopping trip ever! I LOVED seeing what I would look like in a few months. I really can't wait to have a pregnancy belly (as long as I don't gain tons of weight everywhere else).

Anyway, the clothes were 10x more fun with that belly on, and I discovered that prego pants are God's gift to women. Amongst the large pile of clothes I brought home were the shorts pictured above (a little cuter in real life). This morning as I was getting dressed I didn't know what pants to put on because my current size pants are starting to feel uncomfortable in the waist, but my pants from last year (when I weighed a little more) are still too big and look weird and baggy. Then I remembered those maternity shorts. I busted them out, put 'em on and I now I swear I don't want to ever wear pants without that wonderful stretchy top again! They lay flat, no stupid button/fold making a weird lump under my shirt. nothing digging into my nauseous stomach. Just a nice, flat, slimming, stretchy top that no one sees! I LOVE MATERNITY PANTS!!!!!

I will now step off my soap box. Oh and I have plenty of holiday things to blog about but I feel so passionately about this, I had to write it really quick.

7 comments:

Alice said...

I bought so me at Gap and hated them because they always fell down. I got the ones with the big stretchy thing. I ended buying some cheaper ones with a little band at Target and I LOVE THOSE WAY BETTER. I also bought some awesome lounge pants at anthro with a stretchy waist. Lots of my dresses still fit over my belly.

Wait until you have to buy garments. Mine are so uncomfortable. I just ordered maternity ones, still pretty uncomortable, anyhow, they were backordered...shouldn't they have a year supply?

Michelle Call said...

You are hilarious! Let me know how you feel about maternity clothes when you are 9 months pregnant and the clothes are tighter than you ever imagined they could be when you first tried them on..now that is nauseating. I'm glad you are so excited about it...Don't mean to burst your bubble. I can't wait to see what artistic little maternity outfits you put together! Hopefully you can get that excited about nursing garments! YUCK!

ed and brooke said...

I got on the motherhood maternity website after reading this post. They actually have some darling capris! Honestly, no matter what you wear you'll make it look fabulous.

Rina said...

Your excitement over the strap-on belly reminded me about your braces story and how you tried to wreck your eyes so you could get glasses. Ha ha! You are so funny. I'm glad you are enjoying and soaking up pregnancy!

Meredith said...

Haha. This made me laugh.

I had no idea strap-on pregnancy bellies even existed.

:)

Cristy said...

Whoa, they have strap on bellies at your Motherhood?! I guess in Utah they are pretty picked over... ;)

I never liked the full belly panels that much (I got one this last pregnancy) cause like Alice said they kept kind of falling off. I like the roll panel, mostly because I can fold them under my belly and it stays tighter. I can't stand havfing anything on my stomach when I'm pregnant. Plus, they're good transitioning pants for post partum and right now when you're not too big.

As for garments, good luck! They're all kind of uncomfortable. No way around it. I wear my non-maternity ones as long as possible.

annie (the annilygreen one) said...

i'm totally with you on this. it was a sad day when i had to go back to actually unbuttoning and unzipping my pants. also, have you heard of the bella band? it's the best maternity thing i purchased....you can wear your old pants longer, maternity pants sooner, and old pants sooner after pregnancy because it holds them up even if they're unbuttoned. i highly recommend it. and i agree with everyone...maternity garment bottoms made me want to die. the tops are billowy but better than the alternative. yay for pregnancy!