I don't want to brag or anything... but I am. I had an AWESOME day at the Indie Craft fair this weekend. I sold WAY WAY more than I thought I ever would. In fact at the beginning of the day Franc and I were just hoping to sell 6 headbands so we weren't out any money for the booth we rented. I sold 64 items (headbands, onsies, hair clips, collars, scarflars, etc)!!!!!!!I had barely anything left at the end of the day (until the Martha Stewart thing happened I was about to quit, so I hadn't really been making lots of extra things to sell until the last 2 weeks). There were so many cool vendors there you would have thought we were at some cool indie craft market in Brooklyn, NY! I was in heaven.
Though the Martha Stewart thing didn't work out (mostly their doing, partially my own.. I don't want to keep giving them different ideas for them to decide on), it was so important that it happened. If I had not received that call and email I would have quit the whole etsy thing. It reassured me that what I was doing was cool to other people besides my family!



9 comments:
Yes you ARE AWESOME! and good decision about Martha. She's just an old stuck up hag who steals other's ideas.
Congrats! Those onsies are AWESOME! I just may have to wander over to the shop again for some Christmas stuff....
HEY! No onsies on the website! Ahem...
I'm so happy for you! Your headbands are amazing! You completely deserve this.
Katie!
Your booth looks incredible. Wish I could have been there! Congratulations on your sales!
What a pretty display! I definately would have stopped by. Congrats on your success.
that is great....you are amazing
good job katie.
there are some awfully lucky people out there walking around with your creations over their shoulder, around their neck or on their head.
Yay! Love the pic! I feel almost-famous for being in a picture with you on your blog ... :)
Post a Comment