Monday, October 13, 2008

yummy



Two of my current favorite things... I got these vintage 50's/60's glasses in St.Louis this summer and took them to my eye doctor to have them put my lenses in. They are totally dorky, but I absolutely love them. I mean really I just have an obsession with glasses, an obsession which I must say I have become much better about not feeding. This is partly because I haven't had the money to spend on lots of new glasses, like I did in high school. Anyway, I wear these as often as possible and I love them.

The other favorite is a dish I have been making for Franc and I all week. When we really love a meal, we eat it several times in a row. I like to call this a fajyro. Its a mix between a fajita and a gyro. It only takes a few seconds to make (unless you have to cook chicken), and is very healthy.
ingredients:
pita/ flatbread
tahini/Mediterranean yogurt dip or Tzatziki sauce (not sure if I spelled that right)
*you can buy these in the section where they have fine cheeses, feta, etc or sometimes by the sour cream
bell peppers
onion
tomato
lettuce
chicken (cooked in spices, i use adobo and lemon) OR sliced TURKEY (just heat it up)

1. cook meat (for a fast meal just use warmed up sliced sandwich turkey)
2. saute veggies, throw in tomatoes at last second
3. pam the pan and warm up the pitas (pam makes them a little greasy without the fat)
4. spread the tahini in the pita, add everything else, top with lettuce!
DELICIOUS. Franc says its his new fave:)

8 comments:

sarah marie. said...

mmm..that looks nice. and so do you. do you remember when we used to cook dinner for each other? ha! that seems like a million years ago.

The Powells said...

i love your hair and glasses and you! and that dish looks so good!

ed and brooke said...

That dish looks greek! It looks fantastic though.. and so are those glasses. If you go into Atlanta any time soon, I know a few vintage stores that have some amazing finds in the glasses department.

Lorilee said...

ummm, that does look frightfully delicious.... and I love the glasses, you look like an arts-aholic.

ed and brooke said...

You MUST go to Stefan's vintage. They used to be located in Little 5 points (let me know if you don't know about it and i'll give you directions, i'm assuming they are still located there) but I found some of the most amazing vintage dresses there. They get new things in daily. You should be able to find it if you google stefan's vintage in atlanta. Frock of ages is great as well. They have tons of glasses. Psycho sisters and Tipa Clothing carry a lot of stuff from the 50's and 60's (especially Tipa). There is a fleamarket in the fall there as well. It used to be on Moreland Ave but I think it was moved. It was called Kudzo.

On a side note, there are a few places you have to eat while you're living there. R. Thomas is fantastic. They have the best hummus and pita bread you will ever have. cafe intermezzo is great as well. Tons of desserts. The majestic is great as well. It's a 50's style diner that I used to study at when I was at GSU. My grandmother went there when she was my age. All three... r thomas, intermezzo, and the majestic are open 24/7. The food at the majestic isn't great. It's more of a nostalgic kind of a thing if you know what I mean. I hope that helps!

I noticed you put up some new headbands by the way. The birds of a feather one is darling!

Ashley Terry said...

Those glasses are awesome!! Love it!

That dish looks great too! I am totally going to try it out.

Meredith said...

oh, I'm going to try that!

(the glasses look great!)

annie (the annilygreen one) said...

we totally do that too! the eating something we like over and over thing. we usually top it off by having someone over for dinner to eat our latest favorite with us. after that we're usually so sick of making the same thing that we're ready to move on. :)