Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Sukkot

So, on Monday Franc and I had the absolute pleasure of going over to my headmaster's (Sim) home for Sukkot. For those of you who don't know, Sukkot is a Jewish holiday where you eat (and some sleep), sing, rejoice, and pray in a sukka (a temporary shelter made by hand) to remember the time when they had to leave Egypt and live in tents while God protected them.

Anyway, it was truly a wonderful evening. Perfect weather, perfect food (and kosher!), and excellent company. And of course it was fun to learn more about this custom and holiday! Franc and I left wishing Mormons did this kind of thing! I guess we have our own informal customs...

2 comments:

Cristy said...

Cool! Brother Ludlow always does an awesome Passover Feast at BYU. I love learning about other religions. My favorite religion class I took at BYU was Religions of the World.

Anonymous said...

Katie, I wrote a really long and sort of (but maybe not really) interesting comment, but the stupid internet connection somehow miffed and I am too lazy to type the whole dang thing again! Sorry, call me if you want me to tell you what I said! haha!

-Andrew