
(not my hands)
Alright, so I have hated clay for a long time. Majoring in art since I was in 7th grade (art school) made it so that I HAD to take ceramics classes regardless of whether I liked it. The problem is that I always took hand-building classes. I attempted to throw something on the wheel once in college (even in college I had to take a sculptural ceramics class), but got so frustrated that I couldn't center it, that I gave up quickly. Fast Forward to the present. I am teaching 3-D Design & ceramics (one period) at my school. We have 5 wheels in my classroom. I need to teach these kids, so my school paid for me to take a class. I really wasn't looking forward to it (again I hate clay), but went there tonight regardless. GUESS WHAT??? I L O V E D IT!!!!! Love Love Loved it. I will be throwing all week during my planning periods now. It is so soothing and magical. And not irritating like hand-building. AND I was able to center all my bowl-things pretty quickly. I made 3 pretty nice looking bowl-ish things tonight! Happiness! Who knew???



3 comments:
I knew it! I actually always enjoyed ceramics classes, (not that anything every came out to my liking too much except for a mug I made once and painted pretty cool for my Dad) but I've always wanted to throw something! I don't even care what it looks like, it just looks like it feels awesome! And it's kind of sexy...
Ha ha! Good for you!
You know what's funny--I always LOVED ceramics (esp. the ceramics sculpture class at BYU), but I didn't like the regular sculpture classes. Sculpture just was not my thing. Confession: One of the reasons I went on study abroad again in Spain was so that I would not have to take sculpture at BYU.
:)
i think i may be purchasing one of your headbands on your esty shop soon. They are so cute.
Post a Comment