Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Rosh Lev Yad.


Head Heart Hand. These are the three words that guide the educational philosophy behind my new school (The Weber School). When I started teaching in Florida last year, I missed all the debating and theorizing about education that I had had in my Masters. This year I am at a school where we do this on a constant basis. And the greatest thing is that we actually act on our ideas! Besides being such an intellectually stimulating environment, it is also lots of fun.

For instance.... this morning, to welcome everyone to school (about 260 students), the administration took pictures of kids arriving and teachers greeted them at the entrance. Then, we all went downstairs and had a big welcome back. The Head of School, Sim, pulled out a keyboard and started singing and playing a Hebrew/Jewish song while everyone got into a line holding hands and dancing around the room. I was smiling ear-to-ear over the coolness of my new school. I really couldn't ask for a better place to teach. Or live. I LOVE ATLANTA!!

5 comments:

Meredith said...

Sounds awesome!

I hope all went well with your move!

The Powells said...

how exciting...cant wait to hear more!!

Anonymous said...

Miami is much more "cooler". lol
j/k Sounds like an amazing place, hope things continue to go well. :)

Zima101 said...

Hey you...you loke this school better than Mater huh...we'll just see about that...., JK lol, its me Judith.

blueeyedfreckle said...

you guys! I loved Mater too! I REALLY miss all you guys. I wish I could bring you to this school:(