

One of these hit my parents' house. and caused part of our palm tree to be speared into the wall over the bar (see pic)! Okay, actually that is extremely minor compared to all the rest of the damage on the house. I was sleeping last night when I received a text that said my parents had been hit by a tornado and most of the windows in their house had shattered. In addition to that, (large) palm trees in our backyard had been severed by pieces of metal from the equestrian stables down the road, our roof was damaged, our fence had been destroyed, the screen porch was destroyed, a candle flew through the glass sliding doors (10 ft) and plowed through a couch making a big ol' hole... and there is pretty much glass in every nook and cranny of the house (and other people's random stuff that flew in). All this, and there is still a tropical storm happening! AND now they have no windows to protect them! Ahhh!
Here is the best/worst part: my little brother and his friend were camping out by the stairs/bar area where there are a few windows (everyone thought it was just a tropical storm, not a tornado!). It was early in the morning, but because of how loud the storms were, everyone was still awake. It got loud, and my dad felt like they should all move to my parent's closet. A second later the glass by where Matthew was, shattered and fell, as well as the palm tree spear soaring into the wall (somehow the window next to the spear is okay, as well as the topiaries...go figure!).
I am just so happy that everyone is okay, and I love my family so much. Darn these stupid natural disasters! Messin' everything up.



7 comments:
OH NO! Sorry about that. Glad everyone is ok. We get earthquakes out in these parts.
that is so scary...but so glad your family is ok!!
Ah, one of the bitter parts of living in the south. I'm glad all your people are OK, and sorry about the house! So crazy....
i can't figure out why people live in places that get hit my tornados and hurricanes EVERY year. must be GREAT weather all other 364 days of the year :)
(then again, I do live in a place where we have an active volcano 20 minutes from my house and have records of one of worst tsunamis to ever hit)
oh my goodness. I hope every one is okay!!
Yikes! I didn't know tornadoes hung out in Florida! I am glad everyone is okay.
That is craziness! Glad to hear you are all safe. I tell my parents all the time that chance a tornado would actually hit our house is highly unlikely. I guess I better not mention this to them. Glad to hear school is going well.
Post a Comment