Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Day 3, Machu Picchu!!!!!!!


Boarding the train to paradise... aka Machu Picchu! I felt like I was on Harry Potter, riding the train through the Peruvian countryside. It was breathtaking, stunning, and as my mother said, "even more beautiful than Italy and Switzerland (she lived there)." I have yet to go to either of those places, but I can say that Peru far surpassed my expectations and presented me with one of the most surreal and awe-inspiring experiences. Especially Machu Picchu.





I had a hard time picking photos of this place, because every single shot was gorgeous! I only wish that a photo didn't flatten things. You can't even begin to understand how this place felt from just these photos. I will tell everyone a million times...YOU MUST GO!!!! As we rode up the mountains (a 5 hour journey) we could see un-excavated ruins everywhere. They were just peaking through the plants and trees growing on the sides of the mountains!

5 comments:

Meredith said...

So cool!

Want to go again with us next year?

sarah marie. said...

ok..you may have convinced me. will you email me the details of your trip? like cost and stuff. sarahmariecowan@gmail.com

Alice said...

I can't wait to do South America.

The Powells said...

amazing...that is one place i hope to go someday

Anonymous said...

yo ms.kkk those piks were amazing. i wanna go there for my birthday. how long did it take you guys to walk up and down all those mountains?