Thursday, March 6, 2008

I finally got in the mood to sew again!





So, I hadn't been in the mood to sew since I moved from Utah... until this week. I started re-watching the first and second seasons of Project Runway, and was totally inspired to create again. I made this dress and necklace/collar thing (made out of leathery stuff). I have been so excited about the dress (I designed it during church on Sunday), and tonight I actually finished the last little detail! This is a big accomplishment considering I work all day, go to Capoeira Mon. and Tues., and nap everyday after work... Yippee!

7 comments:

Cristy said...

You amaze me! So I had a random 5 or so week period of my life in High School where I thought I would be a designer and stayed up late every night designing dresses (I was really into CNN's House of Style, what a great show!) but they all ended up looking like ball gown's for Cinderella... Plus, I hate to sew. I was doomed from the start! You on the other hand are the PERFECT person for a show like Project Runway! I really like your collars, very cool and very unique.

Francisco said...

You look so beautiful in your clothes. I love your joy and the resultant expressions thereof.

The Powells said...

love it...and you look so great!! sorry about breaking the news for project runway. you are gonna freak out about the finale show, its so amazing!!! let me know what you think

luminainfinite said...

WOW! you made that?! I saw your profile pic on facebook and was going to say, "Wow, I love that dress, where did you get it?" and now to find out you made it blows my mind. Nice work Katie.

The Powells said...

im so glad you saw the finale!! his collection was amazing

Alice said...

I am so jealous, first of your creativity and 2nd of your ability to sew. My mom always wish I had taken sewing classes and I was a stubborn tomboy. Now I wish I knew. I'm going to attempt to make this sewless skirt, not sure if it'll work out though. Hmmm....we'll see.

Zima101 said...

Dawmn, these look awesome. Can yo embroider???