
This week I had to "proctor" AKA babysit 6th grade devil-monkeys as I like to call them... It was FCAT (the "no child left behind" annoying standardized test) week, and so everyday when testing was over, I had to tame the wild beasts they call 6th graders. On top of this I got sick and my nose was running non-stop. Just to give you a little taste of their humor... one student was making out with his pencils and dollar bills in the corner of the room, while others were making thongs and bras out of pipe cleaners i had given them to play with....AHHHHHHHHH Oh and they would all repeatedly ask me the same questions.



2 comments:
well that sounds like a blast...
I feel your pain...I substitute taught 5th graders and after them asking me what nationality I was 50 times, throwing wadded up paper balls at me, repeatedly breaking their pencils over and over so they could go sharpen them so they wouldn't have to do their homework, two fist fights, and all the students screaming puck you (with a P...so they "weren't really swearing")....I decided to never teach over 3rd grade again and went and got a job at a health foods store even though it pays literally 1/2 the amount.
those damn devil monkeys is right!
Post a Comment