These are photos from the newest installation piece in my room. The piece has evolved since these were taken, but I have yet to photograph the finished product (when I do, I will post them on my other blog). This piece is about individual and group identity. I had each student write two things about their identity that they liked or valued on one of these paper cranes they made out of phonebook pages. They didn't have to put their name on it, but I wanted them to start focusing on their positive attributes, instead of the negative like we all tend to do.
The theme for all of their art projects, readings, and writings this term is "Identity," so everything in the room is intertwined.



4 comments:
love it
looks incredible. i'm sure you're such a good teacher!
what a great teacher... I'm sure they all love you. Looks great.
Katie, I am so proud of you. These kids are so lucky to have you.You're so amazing.
Post a Comment