1. Cops WILL cut you off when merging onto the highway, going even faster than you at 20 miles over the speed limit.
2. Cops WILL tailgate you through a toll plaza (even when you are already going 40 miles over the speed limit--which is neccessary or you will cause an accident), and the moment you get through the toll, the WILL speed by you even faster.
3. Cops WILL ALWAYS be going at least 35 miles over the speed limit.
4. If you piss them off by talking on the phone and partially blocking the intersection (even if NOT your fault), they will pull you over, yell at you, not let you explain anything, and tell you "I don't care mam, tell it to the judge." ---At which point the only thing to do, is to cry (and hope that this helps your case).
With that said, I do have some wonderful things to say about Florida. I didn't remember or appreciate how beautiful it is everyday here, when I was growing up. I love the humidity (no need for lotion!), the palm trees, and the water everywhere. I LOVE my school and my students, and teaching it is the best profession I could've ever chosen! And seeing my family all the time is the best. (P.S. we stopped looking for apts. temporarily because they are OUTRAGEOUS in price, and everything is soooo spread out, traffic is bad, etc that commuting 155 miles a day (total) still seemed better than looking for an apt. at the beginning of the school year.)
Thursday, August 30, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
funny about the cops.. since I've been in Hawaii I haven't seen one cop and no speed limit signs... everyone just drives like 20 mph. and no freeways on the entire island.
Pretty opposite than you.
Post a Comment