Thursday, July 5, 2007

Miami it is!

So, I went home this week on a last minute flight, and had 3 interviews. I was offered a job at every school! So, lucky me I got to pick the one I wanted. And now I will be teaching in Miami!! I am SOOOOOOOO excited. I thought I wasn't going to have the chance to teach next year, and now I do, plus I get to live nearer to my parents! (1.3 hours away). We are moving first week of August, and I start my new teacher orientation August 9. P.S. My school is 98% hispanic (it is Miami), and that makes ME the minority! Crazy huh. Its a really cool charter high school. Okay I'm gonna stop, its just that I am so happy I could burst. And now I am leaving for Costa Rica. BYE!

5 comments:

Alice said...

Way to go! I love teaching Art. But, I might not be doing it come September because we are off to Zurich.

andrewR. said...

you're going to miami, bienvenido a miami! Lucky dog, cool city and close to matthew, mom and dad!

Meredith said...

Congratulations! I have to see you before you leave!

Jen said...

Hey Katie, congratulations on the job. You'll have to tell me more about the school when you get a chance.

sarah marie. said...

ok first of all..CONGRATULATIONS! and second..i'm so mad at you for not telling me you've been blogging! i just now found your link on lori's and can't believe i've been missing out.