Sunday, December 30, 2012

the night before Luca's birth.....

Being induced tomorrow at 6 am. Never in a million years would I have thought that I would have 3 kids in 3 1/2 years but as of tomorrow I will! Had this not been prompted (in the first place) and then prayed about (because I was flabberghasted to be feeling like I needed to have another baby when I had had a baby 6 weeks prior), I wouldn't feel the peace in my heart that tells me that this is what I am supposed to be doing (having a 3rd child so quickly).  Even with the reassurance and knowledge that this is what my Heavenly Father wants me to do right now, I know it isn't going to be easy. I am sure there will be days when I am exhausted, cranky, and out of patience, wondering why oh WHY couldn't I have my kids spread a little further apart?!

That is why prayer has been and will continue to be so important for me in this new adventure. I am going to need the help and reassurance that only my Savior can give me. 5 months from now, when I move away from all my family and friends, and my husband starts his 80 hr work week residency, I am going to have to remember that 1. I CAN do this 2.That my children will only be little once and
3. All of the chaos and craziness will be remembered fondly one day.

I love my 2 little girls more than anything, and I remember being so scared when I was about to have Amélie but now I look at this little girl and can't imagine my life without her! I know that it will be the same when Luca becomes a part of our family. I can't wait to raise these children and get to know them as they grow into the amazing adults and best friends (of mine), I am sure they will be.

Enough of my rambling, but since this is the only journal I sort of keep these days, I thought I would document my thoughts the night before my world changes once again.

1 comment:

Francisco said...

I am glad we have such a wonderful family. I love it and live you. You are the best.