4 wks old. Can. not. keep. this. girl. awake!
thought I'd throw this one in there for those who haven't seen it.... everyone:) This is me 1.5 weeks before I had Amélie. We were going out for our last date alone... (with ACR and Christina)
Amélie's room (part of it). The only finished part!
sleeping of course
4 wks. photoshoot on her floor. She was making all these weird faces and grunting, and I couldn't get a good photo. And then I heard the explosion down below. The photos below are AFTER the poopoo... can you see relief?!
Amélie, this is one outfit that I made entirely for you:) except the shoes (etsy... and Olivia wore those too). I totally wish I had this outfit for myself!
dimples dimples dimple! look at that chubby-cheeked smile!
sleeping on Grandma (thanks mom!)
There's uncle Andrew! He seems to never have photos taken with my girls so I made SURE we got some a couple weeks ago at my parents' house.
stinking her tongue out at uncle Matthew...
my girl has street cred at only 5 wks old.... here is our [family]friend from church- Reggie posing with Amélie so that I could post it on Facebook... he purposefully made a gangsta face so she would get more "cred." You know, just in case she ever visits the 'hood.
I look tore-up, but I have a photo of Olivia in this carrier, and thought I should get one with Amélie too.
Its basically a sleep carrier, because the moment she gets in that thing, she's asleep.
In the swing, very interested in her elephants.
huge (sorta weird looking) smile for grandma and grandpa (mama and papa).
I started putting socks on her hands (got the idea from my friend Chelsea back when she had her daughter who is Olivia's age) now that she is going to bed sans-swaddle. Thanks for the idea Chelsea!! Oh and Amélie would sleep in our bed day and night if I let her. It's the one place that I can put her that doesn't make her wake up! (Like when I lay her down on it, she stays asleep). But uh, I don't think a 7 wk old child should have her own queen-sized bed. (She doesn't sleep with me, except in the morning after her 6:30am feeding. I'm too tired to deal with the consequences of her waking up after I put her in her own bed).
Here is her current schedule:
6:30 am-wake up and back to sleep
(Olivia then wakes up at 7:15ish)
9:30-wake her and feed her (and she usually goes back to sleep, but sometimes we leave after this)
sleep
12:30/1 feed, up and then sleep again
3:30/4 feed awake! or maybe asleep again.
6:30/7 feed AWAKE AWAKE AWAKE until about 11pm/12am (and lately 1:30 am!!!!)
sometimes there are catnaps in there, like in the swing, or on someones chest, but nothing real or long. Yes, I try and try to keep this girl awake during the day, and sometimes she is. but mostly... she sleeps all day, and then us up all evening. which means?? I can't do anything at night but lie in bed and not sleep. I'm not complaining too much though because every morning when I wake up from 6 hrs of consecutive sleep I feel so grateful.
This little girl is an angel baby. That's what I like to call her because I seriously couldn't ask for an easier infant. Well, maybe I could but I would be acting very ungrateful!
Reasons why we think she is a perfect angel (these are mostly based off my previous experience....)
1.she started sleeping through the night... in the hospital. I got in trouble for not waking her up to eat... (uh I was super tired)
2. When she is putting herself to sleep (ahhhh! she's the bomb!) she will take a pacifier to help soothe herself (50%of the time), and she will even hold it in by herself with her fist.
3. She can put herself to sleep. Sometimes it involves a little cry/yelling at me, but I go in and soothe her with some "shhhhhhhh shhhhhhh's" (not picking her up), and put her pacifier back in, and then I don't hear another peep out of her!
4. She is an awesome napper. The girl would probably sleep all day if I let her. I wake her up every 3 hrs though (I started doing this finally when she was about 4 wks old because I was worried about my milk supply--she had been gaining weight perfectly, so I wasn't worried about her eating).
5.She doesn't hate her carseat. She will sleep in it. She will be happy in it. She will not scream bloody murder unless she is starving in it. I cannot thank you enough Amélie!
6. She loves her swing. She will sleep in it. She will be happy in it, she will let it calm her. (and she doesn't scream in it.....like someone she is related to....).
7.She will happily sit in her bouncer and look at her elephants while I make dinner or while we eat.
8. She only poops 1-2 times a day. Big ones. And 99% of the time they are while she is in her bouncer!
9.She started smiling at us (purposefully, not involuntarily) at 3 weeks! And she has huge dimples which make those smiles so bright!
10. She lets Olivia do silly things to her and doesn't bat an eyelash:)
Sure she cries when she is tired, and refuses to go to sleep at night before 11 pm (and usually makes us stay up and party with her until at least 12 am), she constantly has rashes on her head and body from the heat, she hates being too warm, and acts like she wants to punch me when I swaddle her (which we just stopped doing last night), but she is still perfect to us and we are so happy she is part of our family!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




























12 comments:
Katie she is too cute! I miss you guys so much!! And you must tell me how you made her wall in her room! It looks so neat! I am really ready to put some paint on my walls and I might steal an idea or two from you!!!!
oh my, she is so adorable katie.. it almost makes me baby hungry... ALMOST. and that outfit (the one you made), if you do decide you will make it in grown up for yourself, make me one too.
her nursery is perfect. love it.
You make such cute babies. I love Amelie's little blue outfit with the flower headband. I'm glad she's been such a good baby for you.
She's so cute! You're so lucky to have a baby who sleeps. Neither of my children did/do! You look great!
Oh my goodness, I just want to eat her! She's BEYOND ADORABLE!!!! Seriously, she's gorgeous... good job you two! You make cute babies for sure!
She is so sweet. I love all the pics, and I love sleeping babies, so YAY! I'm glad she's being good for you. My second was my angel too, and it gives you that energy to have another one..hahaha! Then you have a 3rd baby like charlie ;).
What a sweet angel baby! I can't believe how well she sleeps! Maybe since Lucy sounds like she was like Olivia when she was a baby, this one I'm about to have will be like Amelie! I'll cross my fingers for it.
I love her clothes, of course, and I'm glad my lazy not buying/washing Lucy's mittens gave you an idea for socks on the hands! I forgot about that! You look so good as well!
Seriously so cute! What an adorable family.
You guys really do make beautiful children! I'm so happy for you. :)
Hello Katie, Did not know you had another baby girl. She is soooo cute! Congrats to both of you for this new little angel : )
super cute as always! just delish!
i haven't seen a picture of your brother andrew in forever! he is SO old! lol well in comparison to the little kid i remember! but he still looks like himself.. well you all do!
Post a Comment