Wednesday, March 9, 2011

19 months

 looking all hip in her baby Uggs (from Uncle Stephen) and my necklace. Never to be without her favorite "present" purse and ceramic piggy bank (from Shira).
First day she discovered my box of ribbons.... and I would call this the "Ribbon Month" because they were definitely her favorite thing to play with all month!
At the Zoo, leaning over to see some animals... (can't remember what)



Life is good for Olivia if she can sit outside the cage of her favorite animal in the world--- the bird!!!
 Bird watching
 but wait--- of all the things we did and saw at the zoo, she had the MOST fun running through an opening in an empty tent. over and over and over....
 and over.
I busted out the bathfoam and she looooves to play with it in the tub now.
getting ready with me:)
 She asks me to put these on her ears all the time, then she takes them right off and had me put them back on again!
 She also loves to brush her teeth with me
 She discovered a small bag of Franc's change and had a grande ol' time putting it in her super cool handmade piggy bank form Mexico (via abuela).

 I just hate waking her up to go to church on sundays, esp. when she looks so cute sleeping like this!
 I had her eat on the floor like this one day so I could keep the dining room clean for my book club. It looked so funny having her down so low. As you can see here I gave up on feeding her regular sandwiches and now I just give them to her open-faced since that how she always ate them. She prefers to pick all the insides out/off first, and then eat the bread (which by that time has lots of little holes in it).
 more ribbon... this time around her neck. so regal!
Playing with her buddy Hugh (whose name she knows). It has been fun seeing her start to interact with kids more. Here they were sorting letters into the ribbon box.
Not sure if she was giving or taking these drumsticks.... most likely taking.
showing him her super cool stacking toy (from aunt Christina and Uncle Andrew)
 now she's actually sharing...
 cute little Hugh! She'll miss this guy when we move to Florida! (And obviously I'll miss his mom-Shannon.)
I tried to do a photo shoot on my bed one day, but..... WAY too much movement and my meager photography skills equaled not many good pictures. I love her frown in this one though!
lifting up her pant legs for reason
intentionally falling and laughing
 this is how most of my photos came out since she was moving so fast!



 she LOVEs to walk around in my heels! Especially these fancy ones.
cheeese!
she was SO into coloring this month it was crazy. She would do so vigorously for long stretches of time, really getting into each of her drawings. 
I was trying to do a photoshoot of the skirt I made for my blue-eyed freckle blog but Olivia wanted in on the action so I went with it. She makes all my photos that much cuter anyway!
p.s. I got that Oilily dress at a thrift store for only $4!!!! score!!!
always requesting to be thrown up!

 putting her sticker from nursery (church class) on my face.
 "look!!!! bird!"

I love that she was so high up I only got her bottom half!

not photoshopped, really that high.



when you potty train young, you need to sometimes give them something to keep them sitting on the potty for longer than two seconds... here she is coloring while she does her business:) (I think this was from her first days of potty training)
since we potty trained we keep her pants off while she is at home so that she can run to the potty whenever needed and doesn't have to worry about trying to get her pants down. my favorite thing is just to see those cute little buns walking around everywhere. Here she is doing some pants-less strolling with her regal ribbons.


 she found all these tags in one of my craft drawers and LOVED coloring on them. She would say "look!!" and show me her little drawings. A few seconds later she would ask me to "look! look!" again to see what she had done. It was Franc's idea to hang them all over her, which she thought was hilarious.

19 months (everything that happened at 18 months) journal:

-the other day at gymboree, we were doing a "quiet/loud" game and the kids were making noise with instruments. When the music stopped the teacher would say "quiet!" and olivia would quickly stop and put her hands on her head. (not what they needed to do). BUT it was super cute, b/c that's what they have done in the past when the play another game and they are supposed to freeze! (olivia remembered that stopping the music means putting hands on your head!)

-instigated the above freezing game with franc and I at the dinner table (when I told him about it).
-on her first day in nursery (by herself--we've gone in there for little bits of time in the past) she was perfect! no crying, fussing, and during singing time the teacher said she was doing all the motions and trying to do the songs!

-one day I was wearing my rainboots and olivia noticed a nice space in there, so while I was getting ready she started putting random toys in my boots!

-very similar to how she loves to stuff toys down her clothes.

-In her first week of being 18 months she: scraped her chin after falling from a  2 foot ledge at the zoo, got 2 ear infections, bit her lip in 3 places (zoo fall), got a cough and runny nose.

-olivia has been telling kids that try to steal her food or hit her ---"no! no! no!" while shaking her finger at them and looking in their eyes as she says it (even if she has to bend down to see their face)

-half of the time I go to get her from her nap she is happily playing in there: She will take whatever she finds in her crib (socks she took off, hairbands, etc) and then hide it in her blanket so I can't see it. then she tells me "buh bye!" Like, okay mom, see ya I'm havin fun in here by myself!

- whenever she wants something she says "please?" (like before) and then quickly says "okay." She learned that I usually said okay when she said please, so now she saves me the trouble. its pretty cute.

-throws tantrums when I:  A. make her ride in a cart at the store (one day it was a LOUD 30 min. tantrum at JoAnn's where everyone looked at me like a bad mom for ignoring her and gave her bad looks for being so loud. really fun) B. don't give her a snack she wants, when she wants it (she asks for snacks ALL DAY LONG) C. don't let her watch t.v. when she wants to.

-one day we were watching photobooth films of herself over the past year 1/2 and she just kept copying all the things that her former self was doing on film.

-she loves to go in her closet and take each of her dresses out, one-by-one and say "ewww pretty!" and then set it aside, moving to the next one.

-she is finally interacting with her friends more, she will play peek-a-boo with them, chase them, kiss them (she is a flirt), and try to give them things. And if she knows their name, she will say their name alot while playing with them. I love watching all of it!

-I put away her crayons and sketchbook b/c she seemed to be tired of it. This  month she started asking me to color (colow), and she would do so with such passion and vigor it was inspiring! One day she was doing it and she kept changing the position of her body trying to get closer to the page. And she would periodically stop and stare off before proceeding to draw something else. Most of her drawings have color schemes, but that same day she decided to add green to all of her drawings in the sketchbook. She ended up sketching for 35 minutes!!!!

-when she thinks either of us is funny she laughs so hard you never want to stop doing what you are doing!

-she she now knows how to say the names of most of the animals that she makes sounds for. Her favorites are still birds. luckily we are starting to see more in the sky again.

-love to put my bra on and then laugh and grab her own "boobs."

-takes her dolls around and has them do the things she does, usually playing my part in the scenario. For example: She will put the doll on the couch, put the blanket over it, then go turn on something near the tv (like the wii or something) and say "TEEEE" raising her arms (b/c thats what we do). Or She will put the doll in the high chair, strap her in, bring her a spoon and ask her is she wants mas?

-when we go on walks or sit out on our porch olivia will say "LOOK!!! Look!!" when there is a bird or airplane, or just because she wants me to look up (just like I say to her when I see one of these things).

-one day she was color("colow")ing and I was doing dishes and she said to me with a big smile, "Look!!!' and in her hand was a little tag she had been drawing on. She would then work a little more on it and then say it again. It just melted my heart that she really wanted me to look at the artwork she was creating (she did the same to franc when he got home).

-started potty training this month!

-oh and part of our daily potty routine is to sit on the potty outside and watch birds. She just sits there perfectly on her potty while we look for birds and things in the sky. Like a good 15 minutes. One day went on a walk (REALLY long one for her--- almost to the mailboxes and back!) and on the way back to the apt. we stopped b/c we saw a cardinal. we put the potty down and sat and watched the birds until they were completely gone.

-something about Olivia going to the bathroom on the potty is just the cutest thing in the world. I can't stop dying over her sitting on the toilet going potty! And I feel like I have fallen even MORE in love with her since she started!

-I think my pregnancy hormones are making me even more sentimental about olivia because I can't stop thinking about her all day and night, and i just want to look at her and kiss her every moment of the day. This obsession is out of control.

- she calls "Nemo" "momo" which is funny because I know she knows how to the "E" sound, so why not "memo?" We love that she says momo though, its cuter. And she loves to just shout it out sometimes in excitement... MOMO!!!! MOMO!!! happy thoughts of her car-movie friend, Nemo.

-olivia looooooves to walk around in my shoes.
-if she wants to go somewhere she goes and gets the shoes for each person currently in the house and gives them to them. She then gets the diaper bag and drags it to the door  and says "let's go!!!!"
-she can put her own shoes on! If they have a clasp I need to do it, but she gets them on her feet at least.

-she always invites me, or a friend to sit on the swing right next to her while she is swinging. Its cute the way she will motion towards the other swing and say "sit down?"

-as of the end of this 18th month she is potty trained! unless we are at the park... she is hit or miss on that one since she HATES to stop what she is doing to go. she can usually hold it though if we are only there an hour.

-tells her friends and other crying children to "shhhh" with her finger over her mouth.

-started to like playing with baby dolls. she incorporates them into her playing with fake food and potty training (she will help them go potty on the toilet too).

-I love the way she will ask you a question like "sit down?? or tee? (t.v.) or bath? And if you repeat the question-- "Do you want me to sit down here?" She'll say "okay." (Its the cutest "ohhh-ke" you've ever heard) as if YOU are the one making the suggestion in the first place.

2 comments:

Jill said...

Such super cute photos of Olivia..I especially love that one at the zoo when she is on franc's shoulders...frame it! I am going to remember all those ribbons that are streaming through her crack, so don't try to wrap up a present for me with it ;). Good mommy post!

Cristy said...

Cute! And 19 months?! Hello nursery!