Sunday, October 17, 2010

Months 13 and 14

 she spent her birthday in Croatia, and then the first day of her 13th month in Athens, Greece. she was SUCH a good sport!

 A few days later she was in Ephesus, Turkey. (she requested a trip abroad to celebrate her first year)...
 A week later she was in Paris!
 And here she is pictured with something around her neck, because this was still one of her favorite things to do.... (put things around her neck).
 beneath the Tour Eiffel...
 Atop a double decker bus in London..
 Cleaning our toilets in a Paris hotel.... GROSS!!! (we found her doing this all on her own)
 wearing her mr.potatohead glasses that she made me put on her everyday. And taking toiletries out of travel bags, a favorite activity for BOTH these months.
 Hanging out with her buddy Hugh, while he wore HIS favorite sunglasses...
 Taking off her necklace that she had around her neck of course..
 playing with her next door neighbor and friend Sabina... (olivia asked to get into that stroller even though she is not usually a fan of being in a stroller).
 smiling with Abuela Camacho/Kortman before we head to the airport (for Florida)
 She LOVES her bike seat, and so we brought it to Florida where she got a ride or two from her grandpa Rosebrough.

 And she really loved being pushed around in the mini radioflyer wagon.
 She DOES love uncle Andrew who took her swimming a few times, but when she saw me... well she forgot her love for him and desperately needed to be in MY arms.... that was a normal occurance at 13 months.

 Same thing happening here... she acts like I am her one and only!
 all I did at my parents' house was hangout on the steps while olivia crawled up and down them. so fun!
 here is a sequence of photos that I thought was adorable.... 1. lay on the couch.
 2. get a magazine. here she is training for tomboy hood.
 3. not so sure about some of this boy stuff...
 4. but likes what she is reading here!
 5. yes! a big sailboat!
 6. very very focused on reading upside down. (she's a genius already)
 she started sitting on couches like this at my parents house. she loved it, I think because it made her feel like a big kid.
 playing tickle tickle tickle!!! with uncle matthew.
 she is seriously the happiest baby ever. wait toddler!
 we had to get one of these upside down in ceiling mirror shots since we do it everytime we come to florida!!
 loving her daddy
 Insisting I put her bike helmet on after church. she was trying to whine a ride out of us.
 during one of these months she started climbing onto the rocking chair and reading books. she did it for 30 minutes once while I lie half asleep on her floor.
 mmmm another favorite taking everything out of my wallet! I had to replace my library card and costco card after they mysteriously disappeared!
 Olivia saw Sesame Street on Ice with our friends Michelle (my friend from Weber) and Mia (one week younger than Olivia). They really enjoyed it!
 Oh her serious love of chairs and climbing blossomed in the 14th month. We pushed these two chairs together so she could climb from one to the next. She loves to sit on the green one the most.

 talking and climbing...
 reading her favorite book that week (she seriously "read" it for a week until I put it back) "Portraits of the WhiteMan: Linguistic Play and Cultural Symbols Among the Western Apache."

 she LOVED the fountains.
 And carrying laundry on hangers.
 And putting shopping bags around her neck while she walked around.
 
THIRTEENTH MONTH OF LIFE :

-when she eats cheerios from her snack cup she rarely grabs one or two pieces.. she usually grabs a fistful and then aims it at her mouth. thus pieces fly everywhere. (9 mos+)

-"ME! ME! ME! is  now in full form. this girl says it to franc and I every time we are eating. she wants everything we eat or drink! After we got back from our European trip, Olivia was going through the diaper bag and found the wrapper to her favorite British snack. She brought it over to us, handed it to Franc and said "Me! ME! Me!" She remembered it and she wanted it. NOW! (12 mos)

-Franc taught her how to screw the lid on to a water bottle. she mastered it in Europe. (12 mos)

-she has taken a few steps on her own! she got really good at standing all by herself while on the cruise. she has great sea legs. she could stand on the bed while the ship was moving... (I wrote this when she was 12 months)

-found her cleaning a toilet bowl in our hotel room in Paris.  (12+ months)

-she can eat sub sandwiches, even the ones on the french baguettes. she LOVES them. (12+)


-brushes her own teeth (12 mos)


- i love the way she turns on her spanish abc's just to have playing in the background while she plays (they are turned on by spinning part of her play table).

likes to draw whenever she sees a pen  (12 -13 mos)

-she is very good at sharing with other kids.

-she says (some of these are oldies of course) more/mas (she usually combines the two--"mar"), "tickle," no, "look at that", me!, momma, dada, "uh-oh," "happy" (she points to happy faces on things and says it), baby, dog, "what that?"


-sometimes she will tickle herself and go "tickle tickle tickle!" when she was just 12 months we were in Italy and we were all trying to sleep. she refused to take a nap and didn't want us to either. So she leaned out of her crib and said "ticka ticka ticka!!" and tried to tickle franc to wake him up!!! so funny.

-i love how excited she gets to see her daddy in the afternoon.

When Olivia turned 12 months she was in Croatia, and then she visited Greece, Turkey, France, and England all before she turned 13 months. She is a world traveler already:)

FOURTEENTH MONTH OF LIFE:

-i love the way she walks around the house wearing her sunglasses (13 mos)

-started out walking like a robot, but now she's speedy gonzales! (13 mos)

-washed her own hair  (13 + mos)


-i love how if franc gets her in the morning while I try to sleep, then she will come knocking on the door repeatedly saying "mooommmmm!" until I finally get up:) (13+ mos)

-the other day I asked her "do you want this (holding something) or that (pointing to something) she said "this!" (13 mos)

-on stairs: tucka tuckka tucka! me: what? TUCKA TUCKA TUCKA! (with widened eyes and bearing the slight frustration of having to repeat herself) (13 mos)

-i love how much she laughs and goofs around and rolls around giddy on the bed with us. she is the most fun-natured little thing. she loves to laugh!

-her absolute favorite activity right now is climbing. she climbs all our chairs and sofas and everything she can. (which she started doing at my parents' house). whenever she gets near stairs that's all she wants to do! She gets it from Franc, he also looooves to climb things. (13 mos)

-in the morning I give her a bowl of dry cheerios to start with and she walks around carrying her mini bowl with both hands. Its adorable.


-begs me to put her shoes on her, and has become peticular about which shoes she wants to wear! Her favorites are her green ones.



 -saw some floss and tried to use it in the correct way. how does she know?? we floss after she goes to bed! (13 mos)

-i love the way she just wants to kiss me, hug me, and lay her head on my shoulder  for a bit after we've been apart (like when I go to the gym).

-At 12 months she learned to walk. At 13 months she finally let go of my hand and did it on her own. We were in the airport on the way to Florida.

- she knows how to use the tv remotes. she doesn't watch much tv at all (though I do let her watch a tiny bit when she gets fussy in the evenings/mornings) but she has figured out how to change the channel.

-every morning she goes and gets me shoes. She whines until I put them on and  usually they don't match, but just this week she finally started giving me pairs!

-she likes to go into my studio and find things she isn't supposed to play with. But everytime I call out her name she will peek her head out and give me a look like "what? I'm not doing anything..."

eats like a teenage boy. all day. (12-13.5 mos) (she finally has slowed down)


-loves climbing onto the rocking chair, and reading a book, then getting back down, getting a new book and climbing back up. over and over. one day she did that for 30 min. while I laid on her floor half asleep. (13 mos)


-she is really into swishing her entire arm around in the toilet. and putting toilet paper and cell phones in there:) (13 mos)


-she and I will play this game where we fake laugh at each other over and over and over and over.
(13 + mos)


-she loves riding her little pony with wheels and her little tricycle. She is learning how to pedal! (13+ mos)
- I put some new black patent leather shoes on her and she was giddy. She then bee-lined it to the other side of the apartment, to our bathroom, opened up the shower curtain and showed franc her new shoes. HOW CUTE IS THAT???? we are in for it when she gets a little older.... (13 mos)

-she doesn't cry anymore when she goes to the gym kidcare place (while I workout).

5 comments:

Alice said...

What a lucky girl to be in Croatia for her birthday. I love that country, can't wait to go back. She's such a little girl now...not a baby...doesn't it make you sad and happy at the same time:)

Lori Collett said...

She's such a cutie! I can never stop smiling when I see the pics of her in the Mr Potato Head glasses... sooo funny!
I need to catalog all of Gretchen's milestones better :)

Lisa said...

She's grown up so much! I love reading about all of the things she's learning how to do.

Anonymous said...

what a big girl!

love the pics!

Rina said...

She is beautiful, Katie! (And so well-traveled!)