she gets giddy when i start to run the water for the tub. and has such a great time playing there (though by the end of month 9 she was so obsessed with standing that it was/is much harder to bathe her)!
wearing our homemade outfits together for church:) She is such a sport wearin all that crizzap I make for her:) I haven't had time to make very many things for her lately though, because I've been so busy with other things!
I was trying to sort all of our baby food storage (because of WIC we have a TON of food) and olivia crawled in and started "helping" me! It was to die for cute.
she doesn't stop to do this very much, but I always think its cute to see babies looking out the window at the world, so I had to take the photo...
I weaned her off of another feeding (she still bfeeds in the morning and nighttime) and drinks it out of her straw cups. don't judge me. I am trying to get her ready for her road trip to STL and I am not pumping when she is almost a year!
We bought bikes last month and have done a few family rides which are tons of fun. especially seeing olivia in her helmet (its a Giro helmet and she rides in an ibert for anyone looking into doing the same:)
mischievous little thing loves to pull things out of boxes or bags (like all babies I know). this particular box of random spanish medical term booklets that Franc ordered cause they were free was driving me crazy over there in the dining room. so I let Olivia do whatever the heck she wanted with those booklets..... haha)
did I mention OBSESSED with standing? like seriously obsessed. she started pulling to stand a few days after she started crawling and then starting "cruising" a few days after that. If the girl is anywhere near an object 6 inches or taller, she will use it to get into standing position (even if that means more of a downward dog looking position).
a couple weeks ago I went into her room after nap time and found her looking at her artwork on the wall. I have seen her lay and stare at it, but I thought it was awesome that she was so interested in it that she decided to get a closer look! the next day she got an even closer look/ TEAR and so I had to move some of the pieces to a new location.
Oh and she started driving. yeah, youngest driver ever. I love her expression in that top photo, its so teenager-y!
Abuelo Fernando (her GREAT grandfather) babysat her while his wife Nancy and I went to the Gem and Mineral show mother's day weekend. They both had a great time. It was so cute to watch him take her around his home and garden and talk to her about everything. You could tell that she loved it too! Here they are pictured in his upholstering workshop.
going to church again, but I love this photo because i always see olivia turning her head to look at me when I am driving (though not quite so much when she is actually buckled in). Its hard to be a good driver when you have the cutest baby in the world back there doing cute things and looking for you! But of course I try to only look back at stop lights...
and PS that is the skinniest my arm has ever looked. (its just the angle though)
she had lots of baby pool dates
And sat in a booster seat for the first time!! (I think I prefer this to the high chair because she can be closer to us and more interactive). Here she is at her favorite restaurant, Cinco. She loooves Mexican.
some more stuff about olivia during her 10th month of life...
*shakes head "no" when you say "no" repeatedly. or if she doesn't anymore of whatever we are trying to shove in her mouth...
*Laughs to herself all the time in the back of the car (I want to know what she thinks is sooo funny back there!!!)
*when riding on the bike, she would cling tightly to her sippy cup or snack cup (she actually had her hand wedged inside the snack cup her entire first ride. she never actually pulled cheerios out).
*She loves her big, heavy, fleece blanket that my mother gave her for christmas soo much, that she won't let me change it out for something more "summer-y".
* When I put her in the crib she used to automatically pulls her blanket to her face. no she shoves it off, rolls over, crawls, then stands at the rail and cries after me. it is HEARTBREAKING! but I have tried to comfort her in every way possible and it doesn't matter. the moment she goes back in that crib the same thing happens!
*When she eats her beloved puffs she will take HUGE handfuls (with both hands) and then try to shove them all in her mouth. its messy.
*her new way to dance: move head/neck side to side then move torso side to side, but separately from the neck movement. I can't really imitate it, but I die every time she does it. hilarious.
* Oh and she has started standing without holding on to anything! (though she seems to always do this when she is with Franc, not me.)
*she will put her foot up for me when she sees me get out her shoes or socks! smart girl! so helpful:)
*She has become incredibly cuddley this month, tons and tons of kisses and hugs and cuddling.... well moments of cuddling in between climbing, crawling, and cruising.
My perspective at 10 months:
I have been telling Olivia that she is my best friend for months now, but this month it really seemed soo true. Of course its always been true, but this month she was able to do so much more, and so the time we spent together was that much more fun! I just squeeze her so tight all the time because I can't figure out a better way to convey my love to her. I never want her to grow up. She could stay this age forever! She makes me laugh all day long with her funny faces, her kisses, her dances, her laughter, her just all the random funny things she does! I LOVE HER!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


























7 comments:
oh girl...she is such a doll! love your outfits!!!
She looks so much older!
she is growing up way to fast!!! so stinkin cute!
haven't been to visit your blog in a while.. been a little busy over here :) but i can't believe how big olivia is, she couldn't be cuter.
Katie, she is so adorable I can hardly stand it!
I love that she loves Mexican food! What does she like? Maybe I can use Christina to woo her into making me her favorite Uncle!! I also love the picture you used in your title heading for the blog - possibly the cutest picture of her I've ever seen with those random teeth!
Seeing Olivia grow and the special bond you two share makes me even more excited about experiencing my own!! She has turned into, not that she hasn't always been, such a doll!
Post a Comment