Sunday, January 31, 2010

My new love


I just got this Blendtec blender on Friday at Costco... and I am sooooo excited about it! It was a little pricey, but ever since my friend Clairissa introduced me to the world of power blending for maximum nutrition, I've been seriously wanting one. She has a vitamix, which I would've loved too, but this is what they were selling at Costco and its the vitamix's rival so I figured I should just go for it.  (I had to use all of my leftover craft fair earnings to get it.)

At first Franc wasn't sure if it had been worth my money. THEN I made him a "green" smoothie/juice of spinach, pears, white grape juice, and flax. He was not very excited to drink it, because it was bright green.... and then he tasted it. Right then and there he was sold. This thing blended the greens and peels, and everything to a perfectly smooth juice. (this is the kind of blender they use at jamba juice). Anyway, we have made a few juices since I bought it and I get giddy every morning when I wake up and think about using it again! Weird huh? giddy about a blender? I sound like such a housewife.

oh and I keep writing this post in my mind about all of the wonderful machines that make my life easier....

7 comments:

Alice said...

OH OH Have you never heard of this?

http://www.blendtec.com/willitblend/

Hours of entertainment:)

blueeyedfreckle said...

yeah, my husband told me about those when I first brought the blender home!

Scotty and Chels said...

This blender sounds like fun. Too bad I don't like healthy stuff :)
Oh, and I just saw your Obama post and LOVE it. Did you see the Q&A with the GOP that was recorded? I didn't actually see it but read all about it. I also think it's ridiculous that everyone is SO negative. I think you read my ranting post from a long time ago!

Lorilee said...

it looks like the blenders at jamba juice.. maybe you should start selling your smoothies :)

Cristy said...

I started the green drinks this week! I think it would be worth the investment into the blender. Mine does a pretty good job, but I can see how if it was just a little bit smoother they would taste so much better.

Anonymous said...

i want one!

Emilyah said...

I saw this on demo at Costco last weekend. Almost wanted one.. until I heard the price!