Friday, October 16, 2009

OLIVIA sat up???

In the last two weeks...

okay, so while we have been in Florida this child of mine has started doing a few new things that really surprised me! I mean, I thought these things happened a little later than 2 1/2 months, but I know that children do things at different times/rates. Anyway, its funny how these little things can be so exciting to a new mom. Poor Franc hasn't seen any of this since he has been up in Atlanta taking tests. she can now:

**sit herself up from a reclined position!!!!! WHAT???? This one is a little crazy. what kind of abs does this girl have? I know she is super strong but really? Maybe its another crazy reflex.

*scoot herself about 3 feet or so. She does this all the time now!

*grab and hold onto toys, cloths, etc and also has a thing for lifting up her dress repeatedly.

*blows bubbles with her drool all day long

*she was already sucking on her hands awhile ago, but I never mentioned it.

*she can roll over onto her side, and works really hard to get all the way to her stomach.

*she smiles all the time now, without me having to make crazy tongue movements.

*she talks. in crazy baby babble, though she has accidentally said "hi" when Rebecca kept saying "hi" to her, and then "hey ya" last night to my brother Matthew.

*and she had her first swim in the pool too. She loves it.

I will be posting photos of our trip as soon as we get back!

3 comments:

Clair said...

wow! she sounds so advanced for her age. tell that girl to slow down so you can enjoy her babyhood as long as possible :) let me know when you get back into town. it's high time we get together!!

dannii said...

yay for olivia! hello to all your lovely florida family. i hope olivia and i can go fro a swim sometime. has she been to the ocean yet? sandy baby toes seem so so cute.

dannii said...

please post pictures when she starts driving next week too ;)