Friday, October 2, 2009

Olivia and I have friends!

here is avery (courtney's daughter), the baby that made me want to have children myself! can you believe how much she has grown??? not a baby anymore... the andertons have come to visit us twice already from Birmingham. we are so thankful we still have them in our lives and that they are only a few hours away!
matilda and lesley... we had fun eating and chatting the other day. A day with the fabulously talented and stylish Lesley is always a dream... wanna see the cool b-day party she threw for Matilda? click here.
This was about a month ago, but we had a date with Mia and Michelle, my friend from teaching at the Weber school. Mia was born 12 days after Olivia, and Michelle and I spent the whole year eating lunch together and exchanging pregnancy stories. I will miss our lunches together, now that I am not working! Love you Michelle!
On a Friday night, not long ago, I sent Franc out to install the car seat (b/c I had a feeling labor was coming---which it did a few hours later). While installing it, one of our neighbors introduced themselves and as it turned out, his wife Sally had just had a baby one month earlier. Thankfully, they told us to keep asking for extra diapers, pacifiers, wipes, etc while in the hospital so we could stock up on the freebies before we left (we came home with like 8 packs of diapers, 5 pacifiers, 5 packs of wipes, 2 receiving blankets... the whole kit and caboodle). Sally and I go on walks all the time, and give each other much needed company during the day. Franc is holding olivia and her daughter sabina.
Through Lesley (who has a bajillion friends), I met Kathleen, who had her daughter Amelia a month 1/2 before me. She is a darling southern girl whom I now have the pleasure of hanging out with more often than just at Lesley's parties! here are the girls doing tummy time.
Olivia kept trying to go to sleep...
and here we are on a walk with our friends from church, Shannon and Hugh. Hugh is a month older than Olivia (do you see a pattern here?), and I haven't caught him checking Olivia out yet, but it is bound to happen:) Shannon is an ex-ballroom dancer! how cool is that? We have lots of lunches together where we exchange stories of our past and our baby-full present.
In other news, Olivia had her doctor's appoint the other day where she got her immunizations (I admit I shed a tear as I held her arms/hands and she wailed at the top of her lungs. I knew she would forget it all in a sec, but it was still hard to see. her stats? 90%tile in height (she is one tall girl!), 75%tile in weight (11 lbs 13 oz), and get this... pretty surprising coming from the big headed Franc and Katie... 25%tile in head size! WHAT? she doesn't look small headed to me, but....I keep picturing the scene on Beetlejuice where that guy has a shrunken head...

4 comments:

Shanicherie said...

Wow, Olivia is heavier than I thought she would be! What a cutie! I can't wait till you come back from Florida and we can hang out again!

dannii said...

you both have so many friends! you must be the popular ones. haha. yeah, will you be home for christmas? or in atl for thanksgiving? those are the places we'll be!!! i can't wait to see her long little body!

Courtney said...

Katie - that is so funny about her height and weight! Avery was exactly the same at the exact same check-up except her head was 15% haha - i used to think people would notice her small head:) I miss Olivia - she is amazing!

Lesley said...

awww, you're the best. i mean i really am so stylish...right. we had such a great time and are so happy to have you in our life. xo